Senior SAS Developer - Vice President
Senior SAS Developer - Vice President
Job ID: 3180026
Location: Cary, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Senior SAS Developer
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: Cary, NC
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading Bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
- Develop, create, and modify computer applications software
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
- Design and customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency
- Analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of the design within time and cost constraints
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for the analysis of system capabilities and requirements
- Design and develop complex computer systems
- Develop new and existing Statistical Analysis System (SAS) programs to perform ETL tasks
- Analyze and load data in LASR Analytic Server with Visual Data Builder
- Develop ETL procedures from relational sources and design reporting base tables using SAS Visual Analytics
- Develop LASR servers using SAS VA Admin Tab
- Develop SAS scripts to load data into HDFS and LASR servers
- Create customized drill-down reports using Report Designer in SAS VA. Develop SAS programs using Macros
- Utilize SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Data Integration Studio, and SAS Management Console to develop ETL programs, create SPK files, and perform administrative tasks, including creating and authorizing users, designing data libraries and servers, and scheduling ETL flows
- Effectively translate market risk manager requirements into technical solutions
- Provide guidance for junior developers and implement best practices across the development team
You will need:
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Information Technology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or related field and previous relevant experience designing and developing complex computer systems
- Previous relevant experience developing new and existing Statistical Analysis System (SAS) programs to perform ETL tasks
- Familiarity analyzing and loading data in LASR Analytic Server with Visual Data Builder
- Capability in developing ETL procedures from relational sources and designing reporting base tables using SAS Visual Analytics
- Experience developing LASR servers using SAS VA Admin Tab
- Developing SAS scripts to load data into HDFS and LASR servers
- Creating customized drill-down reports using Report Designer in SAS VA
- Developing SAS programs using Macros; utilizing SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Data Integration Studio, and SAS Management
- Console to develop ETL programs, create SPK files, and perform administrative tasks, including creating and authorizing users, designing data libraries and servers, and scheduling ETL flows
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Back to top