Senior Network Security Engineer - Vice President
- New York, NY
Job Title: Senior Network Security Engineer
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: New York, NY
The Senior Network Security Engineer will report directly to the Global Head of CSO CTO Network Security Engineering and work with a team of engineers and product specialists, delivering security solutions to the Bank. They will oversee contributions from the team, assume ownership of new products as well as set strategy and agree on a product roadmap with stakeholders and management. The engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions leveraging and expanding on existing design standards, liaising with internal customers, raising changes and deploying new technologies as required by the project. This role will also responsible for delivering the requisite level of network resiliency and for testing network failover. Additionally, the engineer will support project managers and the regional management team in project planning, tracking, and reporting when required.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- On-site cafeteria, health center, and an environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Provide technical oversight of the Network Segmentation and Cloud Security programs with an emphasis on requirements, architecture, design, use cases, vendor selection and the security posture of the solution
- Deputy to the global head role, the Senior Engineer will stand in for discussions as required and will oversee contributions from the team, assume ownership of new products as well as set strategy and agree on a product road map with stakeholders and management
- Run project Steering Committees and provide materials and participate in program Executive Committee meetings and ensure architecture and subsequent designs (HLD and LLD) are well vetted
- Knowledge and/or experience with Micro-segmentation technologies (Guardicore)
- Thoroughly analyze use cases/scenarios for the various environments (current and future). This includes: 3rd Party Data Centers, Azure, AWS, and PaaS
- Understanding of technology risk concepts, including controls and control frameworks, technology risk domains, risk measurements and methodologies in line with GTO technology risk management but specific to the business of operation Deutsche Bank's global network in global consistent way
Your Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge in Security, Network Architecture, Cloud Security, Networks- and Infrastructure security technologies
- Working knowledge of the following systems/technologies: I&AM, AD, Radius, IBAC, 802.1x, Linux, Windows 7/10 and networking
- Strong knowledge in current security threats and corresponding technologies
- Strong understanding of Network Security principles and networking concepts
- Experienced in working with various level of stakeholders and multi-cultural/global teams
How You'll Lead:
- Analyze and manage the impact and dependencies of new controls to other functions; make the necessary support transparent to senior management for their prioritization and support and provide technology expertise and thought leadership with an emphasis on security and network technologies
- Work with application owners and various technical teams within the Bank to co-ordinate implementation of security solutions and controls
- Knowledge and/or experience with CISCO Umbrella or similar active blocking products which prevent network connections attempted by Deutsche Bank staff to malicious websites
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top