Senior Java Developer - Assistant Vice President
- Cary, NC
Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Cary, NC
RFT provides technology to support the risk management and finance functions within the Corporate Functions Technology of Deutsche Bank. By creation and distribution of trade level risk and P&L explain calculations, it supports critical internal functions as well as regulatory reporting commitments. As a Senior Application developer you will develop multi-threaded/distributed application using Java. You will be challenged to build application that would consume and expose a very large relational data sets that is stored in Oracle Exadata. You will be encouraged to bring your ideas to the table to build a better system.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- On-site gym, cafeteria, and health center
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Conveniently located nature trails, accessible year-round
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Demonstrably solid software engineering skills: as part of a high-performing development team, design and deliver highly functional, robust and scalable code and through the application of development standards and quality technologies, ensure the product is robust and failure scenarios are considered and remediated
- Being a pro-active, self-motivating member of the Scrum team, you will not only contribute to the technical architecture and implementation, but also to the team efficiency initiatives and culture
- Collaborate with QA, Environment and Architectural functions to deliver production-ready software
- Strong communication, negotiation, networking and influencing skills are essential because collaboration with end-users, technology and operational functions are critical to the relevance of the product
- We follow twice-weekly sprint cycles and the result is always shippable code, so the ability to work in fast paced, highly-interactive environment is expected
Your Skills and Experience:
- Experience in application development using Java and multi-threading experience is a must. Java 8, Scala, or any functional programming experience will be a big plus
- Spring IOC and AOP is a must
- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL experience is a must
- Solid understanding of JMS messaging is a must
- Experience with automated testing and/or with SOA/ESB or other messaging middleware is a plus
For external candidates: Please note, we are unable to consider external candidates who require sponsorship for work visas for this position. Please continue to review the Deutsche Bank Careers website for other opportunities.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top