Senior Java Developer - Assistant Vice President
Senior Java Developer - Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3172248
Location: Cary, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Cary, North Carolina
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Depot Global is a strategic Transaction Data Warehouse and Reporting platform for Global Equities Markets geared towards acquisition, storage and reporting of transaction data across all regions and flows. You will be part of the DG development team responsible for delivering solutions in the Global Markets / Equities Front-Office environment. You should be a Java software engineer, preferably with good database skills (Oracle); responsibilities include technical expertise and solution design.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
- Java / Oracle Software Engineer for the Global Equities Transactional Data program
- Responsible for design and development on existing production code base as well as new initiatives for GME DATA space
- As an individual contributor, manage project deliverables in a global team of BAs and Developers
- As required, take on data and functional analysis tasks to ensure execution stays on track and business outcomes are met
- Ensure production applications are monitored and managed properly, per firm and SDLC standards
- Provide a pragmatic approach to solving for data requirements for the Equities business and meet time-to-market critical deliverables
- Build and maintain strong relationship with business leads / stakeholders to ensure alignment with client needs, business requirements and project delivery plans
- Work closely with technology stakeholders from Equities Front Office systems including Order Management (OMS), Execution Management (EMS), Algos and Routers to understand all technical and operational aspects of the internal data flows and integration points
- Execute technology roadmap for the development team based on the group's delivery targets and overall strategic program plan
- Ensure adherence to Deutsche Bank's SDLC process & standards, including analysis, design, development, integration testing, packaging and deployment automation
- Maintain strong culture of Change Management, ensure all necessary project artefacts are produced, reviewed and signed off with all stakeholders
- Foster relationships with stakeholders within Global Markets Equities to enhance the engagement model between Data team and LOB-aligned teams
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in Financial Services, preferably Equity Trading
- Good understanding of Equities Transaction Data and associated data models
- Extensive experience in delivering technical data management solutions in the Financial Services Industry meeting Equities Front Office trading data needs
- Hands on technical expert in core Java
- Proficient and hands-on in JMS, JDBC, Spring, design patterns, shell scripts, Perl
- Strong knowledge of SQL; good working experience with Oracle
- Strong knowledge of middleware and message bus solutions; knowledge of JMS or any messaging service
- Proficiency in data management areas such as data sourcing and data analysis
- Organized, structured, strong attention to detail with demonstrable ability to break down complex problems into phased deliverables
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and clients
- Ability to build good relationships & partnership models; ability to manage deliverables of global team
- Must be flexible and comfortable in an international environment/matrix organization with diverse senior stakeholders at different levels of the organization
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline, or unrelated Bachelors with Professional Certification / Masters in IT
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top