Senior Engineer- Python - Assistant Vice President
- Cary, NC
Job Title: Senior Engineer- Python
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Cary, NC
You will be joining the dbSleuth Team within Regulatory & Cross Product IT delivering Trader and Counterparty surveillance across all business sections of Deutsche Bank. We are an engineering focused organization, striving for the highest quality architecture, design and code across our teams. You will help to build our surveillance systems, working in a fast-paced, agile environment. Our workload for new deliveries is high, using, React for UI development, Python/Spark/Scala for services, Hadoop Big Data and data science for anomaly detection using machine learning and statistical risk models.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- On-site gym, cafeteria, and health center
- Open floor plan for agile working, with communal meeting areas
- Conveniently located nature trails, accessible year-round
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a delivery team, collaborating with others to understand requirements, analyze and refine stories, design solutions, implement them, test them and support them in production
- Design and develop excellent and understandable server side code. Work closely with users to gain feedback and ensure they are fit for purpose. Use BDD techniques, collaborating closely with users, analysts, developers and other testers. Make sure we are building the right thing
- Write code and write it well. Use test driven development, write clean code and refactor constantly. Make sure we are building the thing right. Ensure that the software you build is reliable and easy to support in production
- Define and evolve the architecture of the components you are working on. Contribute to architectural decisions at a department and bank-wide level
- Help your team build, test and release software with the short lead times and a minimum of waste. Work to develop and maintain a highly automated Continuous Delivery pipeline
Your Skills and Experience:
- A background in designing and developing high-quality server side processing in Python. An approach of ensuring code is robust, easy to navigate and with reusable components with senior development skills utilizing Python fundamentals. Extensive experience of modern Python libraries, including PySpark, Pandas numpy, scikit-learn, etc
- Extensive experience of developing RESTful services using Flask or Django. Practical experience of delivering good quality code within enterprise scale development (CI/CD)
- Good experience of container technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker. Good experience of creating and manipulating data on a Hadoop environment using HDFS and Impala
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban or XP
For external candidates: Please note, we are unable to consider external candidates who require sponsorship for work visas for this position. Please continue to review the Deutsche Bank Careers website for other opportunities.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top