Senior Counsel, Mergers & Acquisitions - Vice President
- New York, NY
Job Title: Senior Counsel, Mergers & Acquisitions
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: New York, NY
This position in Legal will play a key role in counseling the Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Americas business with respect to the Bank's advisory relationships. You will provide legal guidance and counsel to managers and teams within the business on a wide range of legal topics. You will rely on both generalist legal knowledge and specialist knowledge of specific functional and product-related activities, to support areas such as contract law, documentation, mergers, acquisitions, corporate, insolvency, real estate, employment, intellectual property, litigation, policy and regulatory topics. You will typically provide coverage for a specific team within a division/location and have responsibility for advising in their functional area of expertise on current or future requirements. The role comprises legal advice, decision of legal questions, creation of legal documents and the communication of legal topics to the business.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- On-site cafeteria, health center, and an environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Preparing, reviewing and negotiating standard form engagement letters, confidentiality agreements, offering memoranda, fairness opinions and other standard form documentation in respect of mergers and acquisitions
- Advising with respect to general deal matters including deal structuring and deal contractual provisions and advising on certain other general legal matters
- Working with colleagues in the Legal department in the US and overseas on cross border mandates
- Keeping abreast of and understanding evolving DE case law and regulatory landscape affecting the M&A business
- Assisting in the identification, development and implementation of best practices designed to address regulatory and legal changes for the benefit of the M&A business, Legal and other infrastructure groups
- Active involvement in management of legal, regulatory and reputational risk
Your Skills and Experience:
- Some significant M&A experience, experience at a large NYC law firm with substantive public and private M&A experience, including working on financial advisory mandates
- In-house experience as an M&A attorney either at an internationally recognized investment bank in New York or at a corporate is useful
- Strong negotiating skills and experience including ability to independently handle difficult negotiations
- Good experience with, and a sound understanding of, banking and financial markets
- The capacity to assume responsibility for your own workload
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top