Senior Counsel, Investment Banking - Vice President
- New York, NY
Job Title: Senior Counsel, Investment Banking
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: New York, NY
We are seeking an experienced capital markets attorney to join the Legal Department in our New York City office. You will join a team of attorneys responsible for providing legal support and legal risk management to Deutsche Bank's US corporate finance group across a full range of debt and equity capital markets transactions.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- On-site cafeteria, health center, and an environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Providing clear and concise advice to business units regarding capital markets transactions for a wide range of domestic and international issuer types and debt and equity products, including registered and 144A/Reg S bond offerings, IPOs and follow-on equity offerings and private placements
- Amending and/or reviewing and advising on pre-transaction and transaction documents from initial pitch phase through closing
- Working with colleagues in the Legal Department and Compliance in the US and overseas to coordinate advice regarding transactions and related matters
- Assisting with policy and guideline formulation and delivering related training on topical issues to the Legal Department and business units
- Create, maintain and update legal form templates for capital markets matters
- Actively managing legal, regulatory and reputational risk issues and working with business units and legal billing group to manage outside legal counsel engagements and related costs and expenses
Your Skills and Experience:
- Qualified lawyer; an active State Bar membership and extensive relevant experience at a major law firm and/or global investment bank
- Experience representing broker-dealers on capital markets transactions, including registered and exempt offerings of debt, equity and equity-linked securities
- Federal securities law expertise, including familiarity with SEC regulations relevant to capital markets transactions
- Strong analytical, organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills and capacity to assume responsibility for your own workload from an early stage
- Ability to appropriately weigh legal risk, reputational and commercial issues in solving sophisticated legal problems
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top