Senior Client Screening Analyst - Associate
Senior Client Screening Analyst - Associate
Job ID: 3173619
Location: Jacksonville, United States of America
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Job Title: Senior Client Screening Analyst
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
This Senior KYC Client Screening Analyst position provides vital first level due diligence support for Institutional Cash Management's (ICM's) / Trade Finance Financial Institutions' (TFFI's) Know Your Customer (KYC) program. Today's regulatory and compliance environment requires a robust and efficient KYC process and strong non-financial risk management, making the role an important part of the first line of defense within the business.
- Performs Sanction, Negative Media and Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) screening of client relationships with medium or high complexity (entity, legal representatives, shareholders) per current Key Operation Procedures (KOPs)
- Interprets current KOP and provides guidance, if required in liaison and agreement with KOP owner
- Collects and verifies alerts generated by the firms strategic filters & screening tools
- Investigates and analyses output to identify matches and adverse media alerts that require escalation to the line of business (KYC Officers & Accountable Client Owners (ACOs) and Anti Financial Crime (AFC) / Compliance and takes part in in-depth discussions as required
- Documents accurately alert dispositions for non-material hits
- Prepares a summary of relevant findings & hits and communicates these to KYC Officers and ACOs, while also improving and implementing relevant documentation
- Close collaboration with KYC Officers and ACOs to gain specific market and client knowledge to support the decision-making process around relevance of alerts
- Reviews existing PEP due diligence on client relationships
- Performs relevant searches to establish new PEP hits and completes PEP due diligence templates
- Maintains a central database of all PEP hits
- Pre-screening and analysis of customer Account Activity Reports to assist the transactional enhanced due diligence process
Professional and Personal Requirements:
- Recognized university degree and / or equivalent professional experience
- Prior knowledge and experience with regulatory and / or KYC related topics preferred
- Ability to filter large volume of data & information for relevance against established criteria
- Good research and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Accuracy, diligence and the ability to deliver high quality results within tight deadlines
- Good sense of risk awareness
- Good in presenting and explaining approach and results
- Team player with strong work ethics while able to work mostly independently
- Interested in the financial markets, current events, and news
- Fluent communication skills in written and spoken English required
- Command of MS Office applications and general computer proficiency
Corporate & Investment Banking: Global Transaction Banking
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) combines Deutsche Bank's Corporate Finance, Global Markets and Global Transaction Banking businesses. This new business division was created in 2017 with the aim to ensure greater alignment of product and sales efforts, enabling the bank to deliver a better service to clients and a more focused resource allocation.
Global Transaction Banking (GTB) is a leading global provider of cash management, trade finance and securities services, delivering the full range of commercial banking products and services for both corporates and institutions worldwide.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top