Job Title: Scala Developer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Cary, NC
Our Regulatory and Cross Product IT team is a world-leading team of high achievers dedicated to producing and managing high quality programs, applications, and technology. As part of the Technology, Data and Innovation department at Deutsche Bank, our team strives to attract, develop, and retain diverse talent globally. As a Scala Developer, you will be working in a fast-paced agile environment helping to build both Kafka based cloud records and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) based retrieval systems.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Conveniently located nature trails, accessible year-round
Return to Office:
At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- It is the Bank's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the Cary office in accordance with the Bank's hybrid working model
- Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Design and maintain Cloud-based and Scala-based applications
- Responsible for all architectural development tasks related to the application
- Write code in accordance with app requirements
- Perform software analysis
- Manage program and application quality, testing and debugging
- Make recommendations for enhancing application procedures and infrastructure
Your Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Scala (with a focus on functional programming paradigm)
- Knowledge of Java Virtual Machine (JVM) memory model
- Exposure to modern development tooling (such as git, Gradle, Maven, and Jenkins)
- Familiarity with test-driven development and constant refactoring within continuous integration environment
For external candidates:Please note, we are unable to consider external candidates who require sponsorship for work visas for this position.Please continue to review the Deutsche Bank Careers website for other opportunities.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.