Project Manager - Assistant Vice President
Project Manager - Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3175390
Location: McLean, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Project Manager
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: McLean, VA
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
- Provide leadership in managing multiple and/or large scale high-risk projects
- Manage the critical day-to-day operational elements of assigned programs/projects including: project vision/objectives, financials, scope, quality, schedule, resourcing, vendor management, dependencies, risks, status reporting, stakeholder engagement, business readiness/organizational change management, value realization necessary to deliver specified requirements, objectives and value
- Document the project charter, roles, tasks and measures of success
- Provide leadership by facilitating project definition, planning, budgeting, scheduling and resource planning to accomplish project objectives while managing applicable scope, quality, time and cost constraints
- Manage internally with other project and department managers to secure appropriate resources and coordinate activities to successful delivery
- Ensure smooth project progression by effectively defining/managing the project plan, phase gate reviews, change requests and stakeholder status reporting
- Provide leadership, vision and direction for both project team and business partners while working cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes and ensure appropriate and professional communication among stakeholders
- Manage projects throughout the project lifecycle. Evaluate progress and quality, manage issue resolution process and take corrective action, as necessary
- Interact with EPMO to ensure adherence to standards, governance and other applicable corporate policies and procedures
- Proactively develop innovative approaches, risk mitigation strategies and quality control
- Actively engage in development of all documentation for project
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or technology-related field, or a related education and related training
- Experience in increasing complex project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification would be preferred
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle in an enterprise environment
- Extremely strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Goal-oriented, action-focused, good interpersonal and communication skill
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands
- Outstanding record of project management success
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, plus solid organization, presentation and documentation abilities, including Visio diagrams and as-built documentation
- Experience using Clarity for Project, Resource, and Budget tracking
- Prior experience in Data Loss Prevent preferable Symantec
- Knowledge with implement CASB solutions
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top