Job Title: Origination & Advisory
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: New York, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago
Our Origination & Advisory business provides the full range of investment banking products and services for large-cap and mid-cap corporates and financial sponsors.
Our offering consists of comprehensive financial advisory and capital raising services - including buy-side and sell-side Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and restructuring advice, underpinned by one of the world's largest and most successful debt and equity capital markets platforms. Our range of services and strong presence across the globe enables us to complete large, multi-dimensional cross-border, and regional transactions.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
Origination & Advisory is hiring full-time Associates across several sectors. This role requires the ability to manage projects and transactions with rigid timelines, prepare detailed memoranda and presentations, perform financial analyses and coordinate, and communicate with clients and other advisors and parties. This role also has wide-ranging responsibilities that could encompass valuing companies, researching industry trends, helping to develop marketing materials for equity or debt products, preparing pitch books, executing live deals, and attending important client meetings.
This is an opportunity to expand one's skill-set with an established global financial institution that is driving change within the industry. You will benefit from extensive, in-house training and get immediate work experience on interesting projects. There will be a two-week training program covering topics such as modelling, forecasting, valuation and deal transaction analysis along with an unrivalled introduction to our business and the industry.
At Deutsche Bank, you'll get to collaborate in diverse teams, provide innovative products and services to world-class clients, working alongside some of the industry's top minds, and build a valuable network that will support you as you continue to progress in your career.
Areas in which you could work:
- Financial Institutions Group
- Financial Sponsors
- Real Estate, Gaming & Lodging
- Telecom, Media & Technology
The specific team you'll join will depend on your career ambitions and our business needs.
Your Skills and Experience:
We are looking to recruit intelligent professionals with previous professional experience. Hires have degrees in many different disciplines and can have prior experiences in finance, law, accounting, strategy, consulting, corporates, and relevant industries. Even though good levels of numeracy are important for some roles, a formal finance background is not necessarily required. Above all, Origination & Advisory is looking for entrepreneurial people who are passionate about the world of finance, show a keen interest in their chosen field, can create a positive impact for our clients, and work best in a diverse culture where innovation and agile thinking thrive.
- Do you have previous work experience in a professional environment?
- Do you have transferrable skills from transaction services, financial services, audit, consulting, strategy or legal?
- Do you have strong communication skills and are you fluent in English?
- Do you have the resilience and dedication required to keep pace of life in this dynamic business?
- Can you work well in a team and inspire others with your ideas?
- Would you describe yourself as conscientious, dedicated and with an eye for detail?
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.