Job Title: Operations - Security Reference Data, Pricing and Analytics
Location: Jacksonville, FL
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 759bn of assets under management (as of September 2020). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team.
The Reference Data Analyst focuses on effective oversight of strategic data used across the Bank's systems and infrastructure.Reference data, either sourced externally or generated internally, covers a wide range of critical enterprise-wide information such as pricing, securities, books, financial products, clients, legal entities, accounts, and mandates.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Active engagement with the local community through DWS's specialized employee groups
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Support various elements of the data lifecycle, from ensuring that data is captured from the best source, to validating and classifying operating controls that optimize its quality and maximize coverage
- Design and development of appropriate risk analysis across the fiduciary platform and tailored analysis for individual business mandates
- Responsible for maintaining robust processes related to data set-up, storage, and distribution, as well as system configuration, together with participation in projects designed to streamline infrastructure and improve efficiency
- Manage partnerships with stakeholders such as Front Office, Middle Office, Audit, Compliance and Regulatory Reporting to deliver solutions that balance immediate business priorities with long term strategic objectives
- Contribute to special projects / task forces / working groups relating to the Risk Framework or other identified risk issues
- Contribute to the continuous enhancement of risk and valuation control toolset and management reporting and keep abreast of changes in relevant local laws and regulations and assess their implications
Your Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Experience in the buy side financial industry (asset management, private banking)
- Understanding of Security Master Data (SMD) and the impact of that data on Pricing and Analytics. Ability to collect necessary back-up prior to requesting authorization to update database
- Experience with portfolio, trading platforms (including Aladdin), as well as excellent understanding of life cycle of a trade; hands on experience utilizing Open Bloomberg and Reuters
- Strong experience in Data Quality, identifying issues and root cause analysis. Escalate issues in the event control gaps are identified
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.