Markets Compliance Commercial Real Estate & Global Credit Trading - Vice President
- New York, NY
Job Title: Markets Compliance Commercial Real Estate & Global Credit Trading
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: New York, NY
The professional performing this trading desk Compliance position will be responsible for implementing and managing the overall Compliance program primarily for the Commercial Real Estate (CRE) business. You should have a deep understanding of Commercial Real Estate loan origination and related securitization and CMBS/securitized products trading regulatory framework as well as in-depth knowledge of the '33 Act and the '34 Act, FINRA, SEC and various Bank regulations. You must be able to readily analyze complex transactions and assess versus an array of compliance considerations including information barriers, conflicts of interest, cross-border issues, and market conduct/market abuse. Effective communication skills is key, as you must routinely collaborate and partner with Compliance colleagues in other Deutsche Bank jurisdictions, as well as in other asset classes, to resolve or address regulatory concerns. The role will involve all aspects of Compliance support, including providing real-time guidance to the CRE platform on regulatory requirements, establishing an appropriate control framework, assessing and reviewing new products and new transactions, coordinating with global regulatory groups, assisting with regulatory inquiries and participating in reputational and other committees.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- On-site cafeteria, health center, and communal meeting areas
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and enhance Compliance policies and procedures and coordinate with global colleagues in developing global standards
- Partner with the CRE business and relevant infrastructure groups, such as, Credit, IT and Legal, to ensure products are not only properly structured, marketed and traded, but also ensure that appropriate infrastructure and controls are in place to support the CRE business
- Assist with the establishment of an appropriate control framework tailored to CRE business activities
- Analyze proposed and enacted regulations and determine impact to support CRE
- Conduct periodic risk assessments of the CRE business and related control framework
Your Skills and Experience:
- A JD degree from an accredited institution
- Ability to work independently and at the same time collaboratively with other team members
- Ability to make, support and defend difficult and complex regulatory and/or compliance decisions in a fast-paced and high pressured environment
- Ability to project confidence and professionalism in dealings with senior business personnel
- Effective spoken and written communication skills, you must routinely collaborate and partner with a myriad of internal Deutsche Bank groups as well as Compliance colleagues in other Deutsche Bank divisions to resolve or address regulatory and/or compliance concerns
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top