Job Title: Market Risk Manager - Equities
Functional Title: Vice President-Director
(ALL ROLES TO BE CONSIDERED)
Location: New York, NY
Market Risk Management is responsible for managing market or fair value risk within Deutsche Bank. The primary objective of this position is to ensure that Business units of theBank optimise the risk-reward relationship and do not expose it to unacceptable losses. This objective drives all of the activities conducted within Market Risk Management, we work closely with risk takers, risk managers and Control, and Support groups in the process to ensure these objectives can be met.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily trading and new issuance risk for Equities, Converts, SPACs, Equity Margin Loans and Derivatives. Run all of the Market Risk Metrics including VaR, Stress Testing, Economic Capital along with trading sensitivities and greeks
- Maintain constant awareness and understanding of the main risks taken by the Equity desk, challenging the desks when required. Ensure all main risks are always captured, stress appropriately, and reported to senior management
- Represent Risk on regulatory projects (such as stress testing, new capital models), ensuring the quality of the results produced for Equities. Create and maintain strong relationships with the different teams in the Bank such as finance, risk, structuring, and trading
- Analysis of new trades in the Equity business both Secondary and Primary. Liaise with front office and other risk functions to understand and challenge the risk rewards of transactions
- Ensure that all risks are well captured by the risk systems and models and understand key risks and stress scenarios
- Daily analysis of risk reports, challenging the desk and escalating risk concentrations when appropriate and regular review of risk factors
Your Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Equities markets and experience in risk management at senior level
- Knowledge of derivatives products and pricing
- Ability to run projects independently and build strong relationships across the Bank
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm and have a 'can-do' attitude and a delivery focus
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.