Macro Research - Associate - Vice President
- New York, NY
Job Title: Macro Research Associate
Corporate Title: Associate - Vice President
(ALL ROLES TO BE CONSIDERED)
Location: New York, NY
Deutsche Bank Research is responsible for economic and financial analysis within Deutsche Bank Group and covers asset allocation and all major industry sectors. We analyze relevant trends for the Bank in financial markets, the economy and society, highlight risks and opportunities, and act as consultant for the Bank, its clients and stakeholders. Deutsche Bank Research delivers high-quality, independent analysis, and actively promotes public debate on economic, fiscal, labor market, and social policy issues.
You will be an Associate or Vice President level professional supporting the thematic team in New York. This involves macro analysis, on-going authoring, and production of research to promote investment views on global corporate bond markets, and marketing of those views to internal and external clients.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Help support a well-established team in providing clients (including asset managers and corporates) with insights into financial markets and the thematic trends that affect the business world. Researching and written reports will be complemented with client meetings
- A key component will be to be heavily involved in writing daily macro market commentary to clients
- Research and write briefing papers for senior management on various topics as required
- Contribute to team publications that cross asset classes and topics
- Analyzing key economic and political developments and their implications for financial markets
- Coordinating input from a range of macroeconomic research professionals within Deutsche Bank
Your Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in economics is required, graduate training (MA or PhD) in economics is preferred
- Previous relevant research experience in empirical macroeconomics, economic policy, and/or financial markets
- Solid writing and presentation skills - you will have an equal capacity to express quantitative conclusions in both written and spoken form. Experience in journalism will be highly regarded
- Strong work ethic along with resourcefulness - the ability to take initiative and ownership of projects and assignments, at times with more autonomy and little direction
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills in working with Economists across the global Research franchise at Deutsche Bank
How You'll Lead:
- Experience in working with senior level management maintaining confidentiality
- Leadership skills with the capacity to take initiative as well as assume responsibility
- Create a positive, effective work environment conducive to open communications, taking initiatives, and collaborative problem solving team culture
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top