Lead Software Developer - Vice President
- New York, NY
Job Title: Lead Software Developer
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: New York, NY
As a Lead Java Developer on our Core Banking IT team you will be at the forefront of design, development and testing process that will allow future seamless transition from our legacy Direct Deposit Accounts (DDA) system to the state-of-the-art global DDA complex. You will become a leading developer in a small Agile team using cloud-enabled technologies and working with industry standard, future-forward services and frameworks to achieve complex business and technical goals. We are passionate about technology and looking for people that share this passion.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office:DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- As part of an Agile development team, you will design, develop, test and support complex, mission critical business transaction processing components, web services/micro services, working in a larger context of Deutsche Bank technical and business transformation initiatives
- As part of an Agile development team you will be plugged in into every part of the SDLC process, while closely communicating with business, QA testing and production support teams
- Day-to-day you will closely work with technologies, frameworks, databases and services like Spring Boot, Kafka, IBM MQ, and Oracle in a completely cloud-based environment
- While mission-critical components you developed will be deployed in a production environment, you will provide a full, comprehensive and, sometimes, time-sensitive IT production support
Your Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the software development industry as well as passion for IT and desire to learn
- High level of analytical skills is required
- High level Java knowledge and skills, including but not limited to ability to design complex components using OOP and industry standard patterns and techniques; knowledge of multithreading, JDBC, JMS, JMX
- Knowledge of the Spring Framework; understanding of dependency injection and basic Spring configuration techniques - either XML or annotation based
- Basic SQL development skills as well as Oracle PL/SQL development skills
- To be comfortable with various forms of SDLC - from waterfall to Agile based. Knowledge of source control management approaches and techniques
How You'll Lead:
- You will be responsible for technical design and development of the Booking API in US region
- You will lead a scrum team and ensure technical alignment with global technical architecture principals and goals
- Key stakeholders you will interact with include: global Booking API lead, regional leads, business product owner, interface team leads, business and domain architects for Core Banking, global Core Banking CIO
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top