Lead Engineer- Vice President
Lead Engineer- Vice President
Job ID: 3179378
Location: New York, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Lead Engineer
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: New York, NY
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
A senior full stack developer is needed for the Regulatory GT Level One (L1) Controls team that supports Deutsche Bank's front-office supervisors, business control units, and business control managers various Non-Financial Risk ("NFR") requirements.
You will be responsible for design, development, documentation, testing, deployment, and production support for one or more components of the system. You will partner with business and technology stakeholders to deliver required projects from initiation through to final implementation. Ability to elicit requirements from stakeholders is a must.
The role requires you to work independently and/or as a member of a regionally dispersed cross-functional team working on medium to large sized initiatives. You should be comfortable and willing to work on front-end and back-end technologies.
You will adhere to established methodologies and standards as part of their responsibilities. This includes applying project management and systems development lifecycle processes for complex information technology projects.
Prior experience in a Financial Services environment is a plus, especially knowledge in the areas of non-financial risk, Reference data, and securities processing
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Participate or lead the collection of business requirements and contribute materially to the development of functional design. Participate in the project delivery from requirements to production deployment
- Development of source code for front to back software components (e.g., JS, Java, Oracle, Messaging)
- Designs and implements automated testing scripts
- Integrates software components following the integration strategy. Verifies integrated software components by unit and integrated software testing
- Supports release deployments into controlled environments
- Capture Build and Deployment notes, develop automated deployment scripts, as needed
Experience | Exposure (Essential):
- Technical experience
- Extensive core java experience
- Experience with Rule Engine (e.g. IBM ODM, Drools), Hibernate, Spring and JMS
- Experience in handling reference data
- Experience in writing BDD test using Gherkins
- Experience in Oracle, Sybase ASE or MS SQL Server
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum process
- Experience in UI framework (e.g. Angular / Ext-JS)
- Good understanding of Data Structures, Design Patterns & Frameworks
Experience / Exposure (Recommended):
- Exposure to Python would be a plus
- Some UI experience would be plus
- Test Driven Development experience
- Experience in testing database solutions
Education / Certification (Recommended):
- Graduate Degree in technical discipline (Computer Science preferred) from an accredited college or university (or equivalent work experience)
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Back to top