Lead Engineer- Vice President
Lead Engineer- Vice President
Job ID: 3170671
Location: McLean, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Lead Engineer
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: McLean, VA
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading Bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Our technology teams are responsible for the Bank's entire information technology ("IT") infrastructure, and the development, implementation, and protection of the software required to support all of the Bank's businesses. We move over EUR 1.6 trillion across the Bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks, and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help Deutsche Bank deliver high quality products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run - but we also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
This position exists within the Chief Information Security Office (CISO) CTO team. This team develops and implements Security Solutions for use by DB. Security Solutions cover Cryptography, Data Security topics such as (DLP, Data Encryption, Information Classification and Data Access), Endpoint Security topics such as (Anti-Malware, OS Hardening and Mobile Security), Cloud Security, Network Security and Security Analytics to name a few.
This Program Manager role is responsible for the successful implementation of a global, enterprise data encryption and key management solution design for lifecycle and regulatory use cases. The individual will be accountable as follows:
- Work with global technology teams to help them understand and integrate the data encryption and key management requirements into their tools to support the encryption and key management solutions
- Provide direct oversight of the enterprise project budget and resourcing on annual and ongoing basis to align with security, business and technology infrastructure priorities
- Identify the impact of the encryption program on existing processes, tools and procedures and work with technology stakeholders and owners to minimize the mitigation cost
- Ensure that the solution complies fully with all internal information security policies and regulations in alignment with direction from the legal and compliance teams
- Ensure that solution meets availability requirements and mitigates any new operational risks introduced by the use of encryption or centralized key management solution
- Stay abreast of the state of the market of encryption and key management technology and leading practices for implementation approaches and operational processes (in concert with input from technology engineering and operational teams)
- In a cross-functional team of technical and business partners, lead and own, gathering and managing business & technical requirements with the primary goal to reduce the risk in the Bank through encryption
- Develop and present business cases for decisions and funding new initiatives
- Ensure that the overall solution is aligned to the Bank's Security Reference Architecture and meets Regulatory and Industry Standards
- Own and drive any Audit points or Regulatory findings to closure
- Manage the technology as a Product, including working with CISO Strategy, Architecture, and Engineering and Deployment teams for end to end solution delivery
- Manage the roadmap and version control
- Prepare and Provide Executive briefings
- Centrally manage the Program Budget and allocate to delivery teams as per plan
- Serve as the glue between the various stakeholders and delivery teams to deliver the solutions as an end to end product and service
- Provide weekly formal submissions for Program reporting, keep Clarity Program Management tool up to date in accordance with the PGF Framework
- Actively contribute to the development of sound ideas in order to enhance the Information Security posture of the bank
- Be the primary contact for status of in scope Security Solutions
- Evaluate, appreciate and manage the implications of all technical changes to projects within the Program
- Ensure Security Projects and Programs are delivered to scope, quality, time and cost
You will have:
- Background in the Financial Services Technology Operations or Engineering or equivalent consulting work
- Subject matter expertise in Data Encryption including (e.g., Enterprise Cryptographic Key Lifecycle Management, including Archiving, Certificate Management, Data at Rest Encryption Products, Unstructured Data Products, Enterprise Storage Systems, Database/System Backup/Recovery)
- Strong Cross Silo Enterprise Security experience. (15+ years) Examples: Enterprise Identity & Access Management, Enterprise Key Management and Data Encryption, Enterprise Logging, and Security Incident and Event Monitoring
- Ability to work well in a global team environment and directly influence others teams
- Supports the development of an environment where people management and development is the number one priority. Coaches direct reports and others in the organization, as appropriate
- Actively supports the business strategy, plans and values, contributing to the achievement of a high performance culture
- Takes ownership for own career management, seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and improved performance contribution
- Acts as a role model for new employees, providing help and support to facilitate early integration and assimilation of their new environment
- Supports tough people decisions to ensure people performance is aligned with organization imperatives and needs. Addresses individual performance issues, where necessary, to drive for high performance
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills; able to demonstrate flexibility regarding problem solving
- Strong team player; flexible, adaptable and able to work in fast paced environment
- Able to share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to all levels of the organization
- Background in large scale enterprise IT security
- Strong and proven track record of delivering a variety of complex end-to-end business and Security Programs
- Strong presentation skills / In possession of excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project and/or Program Management and relationship building skills
- Influencing, negotiating and facilitation skills
- Experience responding to Internal Audit and Regulators (ECB, MAS, SEC etc)
- Budget management of Project and Programs of €15M+
- Previous direct experience in the field of IT Security
- ITIL V3 Certification and Experience
- Prince 2 Practitioner or PMP
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, or Computer Science
- Previous industry experience in the field of IT Security
- Awareness and understanding of IT Security Industry Standards (NIST, ISO)
- Prefer at least one of the following certifications: Member of the British Computer Society (MBCS) ideally chartered IT professional (CITP) or comparable, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Back to top