Job Title: Lead Developer
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: Cary, NC
In Global Transaction Banking, we are looking for a Lead Developer to help manage the software development life cycle, from planning and prioritizing to testing and release of payment data services platform. Your responsibilities will include responsibilities, including gathering system and user requirements, designing, and implementing Java based applications. This position requires hands-on experience in developing software using agile methodologies. Any prior experience with payments domain, Hadoop/Big Data (Hive / Spark) and hosting apps in Google Cloud platform is a big plus.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Conveniently located nature trails, accessible year-round
Return to Office:
At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- It is the Bank's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the Cary office in accordance with the Bank's hybrid working model
- Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Design and implement efficient and correct code
- Ensure tickets have proper agile story, exit criteria, and other key details
- Implement multiple solutions to ensure correctness including unit and integration tests
- Build systems that meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Plan and execute flawless releases to production
Your Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity writing unity, functional, or behavioral tests using Junit and Gherkin
- Writing concurrent (multi-threaded) applications using efficient structures like locks or semaphores
- Experience working with common data storage systems like relational databases, message queues, and NoSQL data systems
- Experience deploying applications written using Java Programming language and or migrating to and from cloud services like Google Cloud
- Experience with wide swaths of common software stacks and software development lifecycle including but not limited to front end, backend, ETL applications, low latency applications and CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment)
How You'll Lead:
- Mentor developers and providing insight
- Work with product owners to build fit for purpose solutions
- Communicate across development and infrastructure teams for end-to-end delivery
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.