Lead Business Analyst - Assistant Vice President
Lead Business Analyst - Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3173469
Location: New York, United States of America
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
Job Title: Lead Business Analyst
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, New York
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Quorum is a strategic Reference Data platform for Global Markets Equities (GME), serving as single authoritative source of all Reference Data sets including Instrument, Client, Account, Product, Book, Employee and other static attributes for Front and Middle Office applications. Platform provides cleansed, accurate and timely data to all consuming applications across Cash, Derivatives and Prime Finance businesses, and is a foundational horizontal data layer of GME franchise for regulatory and audit functions.
Reference Data SME responsible for conducting functional and data analysis for consumers of the Quorum platform. The resource is also be responsible for delivering Reference Data solutions supporting GME Trading, in both Change and Run capacity.
- Conduct detailed business and functional analysis to produce requirements/specification documents (BRD's, FRD's) for Quorum Reference Data development team. Manage requirements in controlled and standardized fashion throughout SDLC, including stakeholders sign off, reviews with development team and participation in QA and UAT phase
- As a Reference Data Steward, conduct data analysis to resolve Data Quality issues and foster applications adoption of Quorum platform. Support Data Quality and content inquiries from stakeholders across GME. Build Data Quality checks to ensure consistent level of quality for consuming downstream applications across GME
- Ensure adherence to Deutsche Bank SDLC process & standards across analysis, design, development, and testing and release phases. Maintain strong Change Management culture, ensure all necessary project artefacts are produced, reviewed and signed off with all stakeholders
- Execute technology roadmap for the development team based on delivery targets and overall strategic program plan
- Foster relationship with Enterprise Data Management teams and continue to improve the engagement between Enterprise and GME Data teams
- Liaise with Technology stakeholders from Equities Front Office incl. Order Management (OMS), Execution Management (EMS), Algos and Routers to understand all technical and operational aspects of data flows and integration points
- Ensure Quorum service performance against established SLA's / KPI's and issues / incidents management
- Adhere to and enhance Data Governance processes and procedures within Quorum Reference Data
- In-depth understanding of Client, Account and Instrument reference data and associated data models and its use within Equities Front and Middle Office trading applications
- Extensive experience as a Business Functional Analyst: gathering, eliciting and documenting business and functional requirements (BRD's, FRD's, SRS's etc.), Use Cases, Data Dictionaries and Models
- Understanding of Equity Front Office applications like Order Management Systems (OMS), Execution Management Systems (EMS), Algos, Regulatory Reporting, etc
- Knowledge of Equities Order & Execution trade flows and trading platforms is a plus
- Broad knowledge of available market data solutions, both vendor (Reuters, Bloomberg etc.) and in-house alike
- Excellent communication, negotiation, networking and influencing skills
- Excellent consumer relationship management skills with service oriented mind-set
- Proven ability to work across multiple business groups and domains, and to work in virtual global team environments and matrix organizations; proven ability to work in fast paced demanding front-office environment
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL and logical data modelling is required
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of products: Excel, Project, Visio, etc.
- Experience with requirements management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in quantitative field: Business, Economics or Computer Science (or equivalent Business Analysis certification and/or relevant work experience)
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top