KYC Project Manager - Assistant Vice President
KYC Project Manager - Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3178434
Location: New York, United States of America
Regulation, Compliance & Anti-Financial Crime
Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) protects the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. It manages the Bank's risks and help to avert unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest. At the same time, we also advise the bank on ethical conduct and governance issues and keep the bank up to date on regulatory and political challenges.
Job Title: KYC Project Manager - A
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Role Description - Summary
This position is within Deutsche Bank's US Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) Transformation and Remediation (T&R) team, reporting directly to the KYC Client LifeCycle Workstream Lead. This team covers all elements of remediation required within the Banks' US AFC compliance programs. This work stream covers all elements of remediation required within the Banks' US Know Your Client ("KYC") / Customer Due Diligence ("CDD") BSA/AML programs. The person filling this role will primarily be responsible for project management of US KYC and CDD remediation activities across Anti-Financial Crime and the Businesses Divisions, which includes ensuring projects are established to meet required scope, plans are appropriately managed and governed, effective challenge over project delivery, appropriate application of the project management framework, timely escalation of risks and issues, appropriate management of dependencies and consistent audit trail over delivery assurance and project artefacts.
- Support the AFC T&R KYC Client LifeCycle Workstream
- Perform gap assessments against KYC Client LifeCycle findings, requirements and standards in the 1st and 2nd line of defense
- Support the development of action plans to remediate deficiencies identified in the KYC Client LifeCycle Framework across the US Anti-Financial Crime and Business Divisions
- Oversee, govern and challenge the US KYC and CDD remediation plans and ensure that all projects are run in accordance with US Anti-Financial Crime Transformation and Remediation Program project governance standards and methodologies
- Support development and implementation of KYC Client LifeCycle related Procedures, Guidance Training and Communications
- Collaborate across AFC and the Businesses in the generation, socialization, and approval of artifacts and deliverables
- Ensure tollgate and/or signoff at each stage of the US KYC and CDD remediation project plan (Plan, Build, Validate and Deploy)
- Collaborate with US Accountable Owner or Subject Matter Expert ("SME") as well as applicable Global Accountable Owner or SME to ensure accurate & comprehensive delivery of US requirements
- Proactively highlight and, where appropriate, escalate key delivery risks and issues to the US Program Director - providing an independent view of project and program health
- Liaison with applicable stakeholders, including Anti-Financial Crime, Operations, Data, Technology, and Business teams, to ensure appropriate ownership of deliverables and associated risks and issues
- Previous relevant experience with delivering projects in the Financial Services industry, preferably in the area of KYC
- Ability to absorb information quickly and link related topics
- Experienced in effectively communicating with and positively influencing project stakeholders and team members
- Excellent verbal and written English and ability to tailor communication to various audiences
- Must have a keen eye for detail with a focus on quality control
- Ability to influence key project resources without direct reporting responsibility
- Proven ability to effectively assess and mitigate project risks and dependencies
- Proficiency with MS Office Products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be a team player; able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet competing/changing deadlines
- Desire to learn new content and understand the regulation so enable effective challenge of design effectiveness
- Undergraduate Degree from an accredited college or university
- Participation in or potential completion of Prince2 certifications or PMI professional qualifications such as Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) preferred
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist Preferred
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top