KYC Policy Enablement & Training Lead - Vice President
KYC Policy Enablement & Training Lead - Vice President
Job ID: 3175191
Location: Jacksonville, New York, United States of America
DWS Group GmbH & Co. KGaA (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 700bn of assets under management (as of 31 Dec 2017). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team.
Job Title: KYC Policy Enablement & Training Lead
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: Jacksonville, FL
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
DWS Client Due Diligence (KYC) Policy Enablement & Training Lead
The DWS Client Due Diligence team supports account managers and sales managers in meeting regulatory requirements, in particular with regard to the recognition of relevant money laundering issues and/or the identification of terrorist financing. The focus of the KYC team is on the timely processing of the KYC reviews and their appropriate documentation in the client relationship management system "Salesforce" for the daily business.
KYC stands for the knowledge of the customers ("Know your Customer") with whom DWS is in a business relationship and for which it provides services from the on boarding of a customer over the entire duration of the business relationship. The requirements are determined mainly by money laundering laws and are grouped under the term anti-money-Laundering "AML".
The function of the Client Due Diligence (KYC) Policy Enablement & Training Lead will focus on training of employees and the further development of relevant policies, procedures, and job aides, cooperation with KYC managers and managers of our sales areas as well as other stakeholders, such as anti-financial crime, audit and IT. A high, comprehensive process understanding along the entire value chain within DWS as well as extensive IT skills are also required. The function will be a key part of the further development and optimization of our global KYC processes. You will work closely with the regional and global KYC processing teams and global management team. You must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize competing work assignments, communicate effectively with internal staff and clients, and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner. Follow-through skills, time management, and the ability to challenge existing processes to come up with more efficient/effective solutions will be critical for the role.
- Assurance of complete, accurate and timely updates of all KYC-relevant requirements, i.e. Policies and Procedures within DWS with regard to global requirements and also (where relevant) additional local stricter requirements
- Further development of existing processes in the context of upcoming regulatory changes, like the 5th Money Laundering Directive
- Staying current with the changing regulatory landscape and assessing what new development will have an impact on current processes and responsibilities
- Determination of training needs in collaboration with all stakeholders, especially our Sales teams (GCG) and the Client Due Diligence team within Client Service Operation; conception of appropriate training measures
- Support of IT and process changes caused by new or adjusted regulatory requirements and reengineering of existing processes to ensure accurate and efficient processing
- Active participation in internal and external initiatives and events
- Project Management
- Previous experience in personnel management, training, and development
- Previous professional experience within the asset management industry and responsibility for the technical implementation of regulatory requirements
- Strong knowledge of KYC operations and processes
- Knowledge of AML rules and regulations that govern financial institutions; Know You Client policy guidelines; BSA, U.S.A. PATRIOT Act guidelines, etc.
- Very good understanding of the asset management value chain as well as the different functions and responsibilities
- Very good knowledge of investment products including fund vehicles, product life cycle, asset classes, platforms and customer types
- Extensive experience in project management and change management with a strong ability to collaborate across departments
- High level of integrity, motivation and willingness to work
- Ability to work diligently and purposefully even in stressful situations
- Strong analytical skills, as well as the ability to communicate challenging questions to different stakeholders in order to develop suitable solutions
- Empathy with others and the maintenance of different interests within the framework of the provision of services
- Self-motivated for further personal development
- Strong Independent operator
- Strong self-initiative and positive attitude
- Very good English language skills, further knowledge of foreign languages is an advantage for cross regional collaboration
- Willingness to travel if required
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Back to top