Know Your Customer(KYC) Officer
Location: Miami, United States of America
Job Title: Know Your Customer Officer
Location: Miami, Florida
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish required (Portuguese, a plus)
This Client KYC (Know Your Customer) position supports the GTB, Institutional Cash Sales and Client Management team covering financial institution clients within the within the Americas.
You will work directly with the Accountable Client Owner (ACO) responsible for the client relationships with our correspondent banking clients to complete client KYC adoptions and reviews, ensuring strict adherence to Deutsche Bank's KYC / Anti Money Laundering (AML) Compliance requirements. Further, the role also fulfills important support functions in the non-financial risk management of client relationships, such as analysis of clients' transaction flow. Today's regulatory and compliance environment requires a robust and efficient KYC process and strong non-financial risk management, making the role key to the first line of defense role of the business.
-KYC Risk Management including active client research, screening prospects before on-boarding, supporting the ACO in presentation of clients in relevant internal committees and completion of AML country overviews
- Request submission of documents from clients according to periodic review timelines and follow up to ensure complete and timely delivery, fill in relevant KYC forms / systems, and update of client KYC profiles driven by material events such as change of client name, ownership or negative news etc.
- KYC-related client discussions and AML interviews for periodic review and new client adoptions
- Conduct and assess Account Activity Reviews for continuous monitoring of clients' transaction flows
- Liaise with Client Service team for review of the quality of clients' AML field inquiry responses; coordinate with local Compliance and other GTB / CIB / Infrastructure areas on client KYC issues as required
- Assist with account related legal documentation - liaise with clients for legal agreements and non-KYC documentation
- MIS Management - support KYC aspects of regular and ad hoc MIS reporting / analysis
- Organize and conduct training sessions, road shows, workshops / seminars for clients on non-financial risk KYC / AML topics
- Visit clients periodically to maintain relationships with the KYC / Compliance officers of the clients, and conduct on-site AML discussions
Professional and Personal Requirements:
- Recognized university degree and / or equivalent professional experience
- First experience in Correspondent Banking / Institutional Cash Management / Compliance preferred
- Good understanding of KYC laws / regulations, compliance risk as well as non-financial risk, and documentation aspects of KYC process for correspondent banking relationships
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; a proactive and fast learner
- Strong writing skills, capability to document relevant information in a clear, structured and comprehensive way
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority
- Team player with strong work ethics
- Resilience and commitment, ability to plan, prioritize and work under pressure
- Accuracy, diligence and the ability to deliver high quality results within tight deadlines
- Interested in the financial markets, current events, and news
- Command of MS Office applications and general computer proficiency
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish required (Portuguese, a plus)
- Position Overview
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
- Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law " poster and pay transparency statement.
- Corporate & Investment Banking: Global Transaction Banking The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) combines Deutsche Bank's Corporate Finance, Global Markets and Global Transaction Banking businesses. This new business division was created in 2017 with the aim to ensure greater alignment of product and sales efforts, enabling the bank to deliver a better service to cl ients and a more focused resource allocation.
- Global Transaction Banking (GTB) is a leading global provider of cash management, trade finance and securities services, delivering the full range of commercial banking products and services for both corporates and institutions worldwide.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top