Java Full Stack/UI Developer - Vice President
Java Full Stack/UI Developer - Vice President
Job ID: 3171805
Location: New York, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Java Full Stack/UI Developer
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: New York, New York
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
The engineering opportunity is in the Regulatory Group Technology (GT) organization, which provides technology solutions in support of Bank-wide regulatory and audit initiatives. The Regulatory GT organization supports multiple platforms, including multi-tiered service-oriented infrastructure and large scale big data platforms that process positions and trades from all Deutsche Bank business units
An experienced engineer is needed for the Regulatory GT Level One (L1) Navigator Controls team that provides front-end and back-end solutions that support Deutsche Bank's front-office supervisors, business control units ("BCU"), and business control managers ("BCM") Non-Financial Risk ("NFR") requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participate and/or lead the collection of business requirements and functional design
- Lead teams ranging from 6 - 10 resources
- Lead / contribute materially to the technical design that will meet the business requirements
- Participate in the project delivery from requirements to production deployment
- Developing source code for front to back software components using Java and Angular
- Design and implement automated testing scripts. Measure and analyze code for quality
- Validate integrated software components by automated unit and integrated software testing
- Lead source code reviews and develop coding standards
- Supports release deployments and creation of automated deployment scripts into controlled environments
Experience and Exposure:
- Strong hands-on software development experience using Java and Angular (Google Web Toolkit, GWT, or React is sufficient)
- Strong hands-on experience with design patterns - Java, Angular, React
- Good back-end experience with database tools such as Oracle
- Working experience with Agile software development methodology
- Familiarity with Chromium (open source browser project that forms basis for Chrome browser)
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence tools
- Exposure to Level 1 Control Frameworks - in particular control presentation, control actioning, and control generation
- Hands on knowledge and experience working within a Banking regulatory delivery organization
- Proven delivery track record in global organization
Education and Certification:
- Undergraduate Degree in technical discipline (Computer Science preferred) from an accredited college or university (or equivalent diploma / work experience)
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top