Job ID: 3177582
Location: Cary, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Java Engineer
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: Cary, North Carolina
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
This position will be responsible for the design and development of Cross Product Valuation platform in Enterprise Risk Technology. It will be a hands-on development role using Java 8, Hazelcast distributed cache, and multi-threading/low-latency paradigms.
What you will be responsible for:
- Design, develop, enhance and maintain a large mission-critical IT system which runs on 20,000+ CPU cores
- Collaborate with users and technical teams in London and Moscow
- Plan and deliver solution in 2 week sprints and 5 sprints in a SAFe Program Increment
- Work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities with a constant focus on delivery
- Balance business demands and IT fulfilment in terms of standardization, reducing risk and increasing IT flexibility
The technical skills you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Previous relevant experience in software development experience using Java and related technologies
- Experienced server side Java Developer including multi-threading
- Excellent problem solving skills in a distributed, multi-technology ecosystem
- Architectural Design Patterns, Highly optimized, Low latency and Massively Scalable Platforms
- Experience developing application using Spring and RESTful services
- Experience in using HTML5 and AngularJS would be a plus (not mandatory)
- Experience with build & deployment using Maven, Teamcity will be helpful
- Good to have - Big Data experience in developing enterprise level applications using Hadoop, Big Data & NoSQL solutions
- Knowledge of other languages (Python, Scala, C++) would be a plus
- Experience working in massive programs in a geographically distributed environment
Other desirable attributes:
- Quantitative, analytical, confident, articulate, enthusiastic and able to operate independently
- Very strong written and oral communication skills to wide ranging audiences from offshore developers to traders
- Product knowledge relevant to pricing and risk of multiple asset classes
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Back to top