Java Engineer - Associate
- Morrisville, NC
Job Title: Java Engineer
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: Cary, NC
You will be responsible for working collaboratively in a cross functional SAFe Agile Scrum feature team to deliver solutions for business partners in the Market Risk domain. The role involves developing test plans/scenarios for features that the team has signed up for and being able to automate the tests using jBehave framework. This is a great opportunity to be part of a cross functional Agile feature team and also to expand one's knowledge base on investment banking, while ensuring the delivery of team is of a top notch quality with automation being the driver.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- On-site gym, cafeteria, and health center
- Open floor plan for agile working, with communal meeting areas
- Conveniently located nature trails, accessible year-round
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Analysis of business requirements/functional specifications
- Design, develop, enhance and maintain a large mission-critical IT system which runs on 20,000+ CPU cores
- Collaborate with users and technical teams in London and Moscow. Actively participate in design review sessions and code reviews
- Plan and deliver solution in 2 week sprints and 5 sprints in a SAFe program increment
- Work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities with a constant focus on delivery
- Balance business demands and IT fulfilment in terms of standardization, reducing risk and increasing IT flexibility
Your Skills and Experience:
- Solid software development experience using Java and related technologies and experienced server side Java Developer including multi-threading; with experience in using HTML5 and AngularJS a plus (not mandatory)
- Architectural Design Patterns, Highly optimized, Low latency and Massively Scalable Platforms. Experience developing application using Spring and RESTful services
- Experience with SQL and Oracle Databases
- Experience with messaging technologies platforms like Solace, Kafka
- Good to have - working experience on jBehave, Cucumber frameworks. Experience with build & deployment using Maven, Teamcity will be helpful, Big Data experience in developing enterprise level applications using Hadoop, Big Data & NoSQL solutions and knowledge of other languages (Python, Scala, C++) would be a plus
For external candidates: Please note, we are unable to consider external candidates who require sponsorship for work visas for this position. Please continue to review the Deutsche Bank Careers website for other opportunities.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top