Java Developer-Assistant Vice President
Java Developer-Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3175990
Location: New York, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Java Developer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, NY
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Global Transaction Banking (GTB) is a leading global provider of cash management, trade finance and securities services, delivering the full range of commercial banking products and services for both corporates and institutions worldwide. GTB business is heavily investing in a world class technology organization and new innovative technology platforms with the goal of being a leader of Transaction Banking services to its clients.
The NY GTB technology team is looking for skilled engineers to transform the organization by building foundational components and a platform that prepares the Business to develop new business/revenue models, depart from monolithic platforms and enable the Business to out-perform against our peers. In order to do this, we must ensure that we remain an engineering focused organization. We are looking for technologists who demonstrate a passion to build the right thing in the right way.
Position Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work as part of a delivery team, collaborating with others to understand requirements, analyze and refine stories, design solutions, implement them, test them, and support them in production
- Use BDD techniques, collaborating closely with users, analysts, developers, and other testers. Make sure we are building the right thing
- Write code and write it well. Be proud to call yourself a programmer. Use test driven development, write clean code and refactor constantly. Make sure we are building the thing right
- Define and evolve the architecture of the components you are working on. Contribute to architectural decisions at a department and bank-wide level
- Ensure that the software you build is reliable and easy to support in production. Be prepared to take your turn on call providing 3rd line support when it's needed
- Ensure that your team can build, test and release software with the short lead times and a minimum of waste. Work to develop and maintain a highly automated Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Help create a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond
- Share skills and knowledge in a wide range for topics relating to software delivery
As an Assistant Vice President, you will be expected to lead others. For example in sharing knowledge, facilitating meetings and workshops, defining new designs and discovering new techniques. In some cases, it may also include elements of team leadership or line management.
Experience / Exposure
You will need:
- Deep knowledge of Java, the JVM, object orientation and SOLID principles
- Practical experience of test driven development and constant refactoring in continuous integration environment
- Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban, or XP
You will also have:
- Behavior Driven Development, particularly experience of how it can be used to define requirements in a collaborative manner, ensure that the team builds the right thing and create a system of living documentation
- An understanding of functional programming
- Experience with technologies that store, transport and manipulate data, for example: relational databases, nosql, document databases, graph databases, Hadoop/HDFS, streaming and messaging
- Knowledge gained in Financial Services environments, for example products, instruments, trade lifecycles, regulation, risk, financial reporting, or accounting
- Architecture and design approaches that support rapid, incremental and interactive delivery, such as Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing and micro services
Education / Qualifications:
- We are happy to consider those with a wide variety of educational backgrounds and qualifications. Qualifications in computer science, STEM subjects, other numerate disciplines, business and economics are beneficial for the role.
- We also look favorably upon those with equivalent practical experience. This could have be gained in the workplace or in other contexts, such as contributing to open source software or working on personal projects
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top