Java Developer - (Big Data/Scala) - Assistant Vice President
- Cary, NC
Job Title: Java Developer - (Big Data/Scala)
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Cary, NC
Join a dynamic cross functional team on the front lines of transformation across the Credit Risk domain. Credit Risk IT is in a multi-year journey of upgrading their technology stack, transforming their way of working, and facilitating the streamlining and automation of critical business processes. We are looking for strong Java/Scala developers with experience or aptitude to learn Big Data technologies to enhance our team's technical capabilities. The team will be working across multiple technologies and will need to work together to ensure delivery of business value.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- On-site gym, cafeteria, and health center
- Open floor plan for Agile working, with communal meeting areas
- Conveniently located nature trails, accessible year-round
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Analyze user requirements and design appropriate Big Data solutions that best fit those requirements. Work in a cross functional Agile Scrum team to design, develop, test, and maintain solutions
- Ensure that solutions are in line with department and domain architecture strategies and contribute to defining and improving those strategies
- Help build, maintain, and continually implement tests for an automated testing framework that drives integration tests front to back across components
- Work collaboratively - sharing knowledge and helping mentor teammates in your areas of expertise
Your Skills and Experience:
- Relevant experience in enterprise development with Java and/or Scala using Spring Boot
- Familiarity with and/or demonstrated aptitude to learn Big Data technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Hive, Impala, Yarn, Oozie)
- Strong understanding of concurrency, distributed systems development, and performance optimization as well as architectural design patterns, highly optimized, low latency, and massively scalable platforms
- A willingness to learn all layers of the development stack, including test and auto deployment tools, to be able to collaboratively deliver front-to-back solutions, as well as champion best practice development techniques. Excellent problem solving skills in a distributed, multi-technology ecosystem
For external candidates: Please note, we are unable to consider external candidates who require sponsorship for work visas for this position. Please continue to review the Deutsche Bank Careers website for other opportunities.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top