Java Developer - Assistant Vice President
- Morrisville, NC
Job Title: Java Developer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Cary, NC
Deutsche Bank Global Technology (DBGT), located near the research triangle park (RTP) area of North Carolina, is a dedicated software development center that presents a startup feel within the larger Deutsche Bank organization. DBGT is a dedicated application development and software engineering center that supports the Bank to access leading technology skills and promote innovation in the development of software applications and leading-edge IT solutions. We like people with a genuine interest in development and the application of technology in the real world. Our teams develop using an Agile methodology working on short development cycles and frequent high-quality deliverables. If you are a smart, self-motivated professional who is keen to make a difference, we would love to speak to you.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Conveniently located nature trails, accessible year-round
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Strong core application or system programming and good exposure to broader programming & technology topics in which you will work with our clients to deliver value through the delivery of high quality software within an Agile development lifecycle
- Define and evolve the architecture of the components you are working on and contribute to architectural decisions at a department and bank-wide level
- Bring deep industry knowledge into the Feature Team to understand problems, leverage design patterns, create automation to support a CI and CD pipeline to production and support emergent design within the agreed domain target architecture
- Contribute to the wider domain goals to ensure flow, consistent standards and approach to software development while designing to a common shared framework
Your Skills and Experience:
- Relevant experience in the IT industry with hands-on development in Java programming, XML and Oracle with SQL/PLSQL writing skills
- Experience within Spring Frameworks and Spring Boot; web services experience e.g. REST / SOAP
- Experience of delivering within an Agile delivery framework and with distributed version control tools (Git, Github, BitBucket)
- Experience with service orientated architecture (SOA) or Microservices
- Additional knowledge in this space is desired: setting up CI/CD pipelines in a containerized deployment environment (Openshift, Cubernetes, Jenkins, etc.)
For external candidates: Please note, we are unable to consider external candidates who require sponsorship for work visas for this position. Please continue to review the Deutsche Bank Careers website for other opportunities.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top