Head of WM Brokerage Operations - Vice President
- New York, NY
Job Title: Head of WM Brokerage Operations
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: New York, NY
Wealth Management Operations provides operational support to the Wealth Management business in the areas of Discretionary, Trust Planning, Custody, Wealth Advisory, and Brokerage as well as the Deposit business with combined $70bn AUM. Operations is responsible for managing middle and back office services including outsourced services to third party vendors and services offshored to internal Deutsche Bank locations.
As the Head of Brokerage Operations, you will be responsible for $5bn AUM and oversee onshore, offshore, and external services (middle office, client onboarding, cash processing custody, clearing and all back-office services) ensuring effective and efficient full service delivery in a controlled environment adhering to FINRA regulation. You will confirm highest standard procedure documentation, establish end-to-end process flows, and implement changes to support streamlined processes/workflows with overall goal of adhering to internal policy, regulatory mandates and risk mitigation requirements.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- On-site cafeteria, health center, and an environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day Brokerage Operations/Service including offshore services and services provided by Pershing (custodial, clearing, settlement, and transaction processing services)
- Owner of the Pershing relationship (KPI's, services/solutions, contractual agreements, vendor risk protocols, vendor cost)
- Functional responsibility across WM products and platforms for Trading, Asset Services, Alternatives, Retirement Accounts, and Special Products
- Manage performance of onshore and offshore teams, setting clear priorities and expectations as well as providing direction and support; responsible for overseeing HR activities for direct reports
- Leverage strong expertise of client needs and requirements to execute and communicate the functional strategy and provide recommendations to develop improved service offerings
- Facilitate team's operational issue resolution through proper documentation of root cause analysis and recommended improvements ensuring client needs are being addressed by team function
Your Skills and Experience:
- Prior people management experience
- Experience in Brokerage Operations leadership role within middle / back-office environment and Wealth Management background and knowledge of WM suite of products
- Excellent client / stakeholder management and communication skills (written/ verbal) with ability to facilitate meetings/discussions to progress topics to comprehensive next steps and resolution
- Involvement with managing services provided by external vendors
- High degree of Excel knowledge & moderate PowerPoint capabilities
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top