Job Title: FIX Client Connectivity - Lead Engineer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, NY
You will be responsible for end to end delivery of entire engineering solutions to accomplish business goals. You will provide engineering thought leadership across teams, mentor and coach junior engineers, and encourage continuous improvement in delivery practices. You will enjoy partnering closely with your clients whilst working within a broader creative, collaborative and innovative team, with a strong desire to make an impact.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Accountable for all technical phases of the client onboarding lifecycle for the listed derivatives (LD) asset class - future and options trading
- Building out requirements and evolving the LD API and FIX connectivity offerings - managing both in-house built and vendor technology products
- Create strategic solutions that consider the risk, benefits and conflicts of the situation, designing elegant solutions to complex problems which satisfy user & nonfunctional requirements
- Engineer solutions to minimize occurrence & prevent recurrence of production issues and to facilitate reduced mean time to recovery
- Design & engineer solutions and services with embedded risk and security controls as mitigation against threats
Your Skills and Experience:
- Must have a deep understanding of LD products trading (futures and options) and pre/post trade workflows
- Prior LD customer facing role where you can leverage your knowledge of the Americas region client/vendor/exchange/third party platform base
- Knowledge of networking, UNIX/Linux OS, Shell/Perl scripting as well as FIX 4.2/4.4/5.0 protocols
- Skilled in building productive networks to drive collaboration, reuse, and knowledge sharing, experience in solution design tools and techniques with ability to make design decision trade offs
- Enables experimentation and fast learning approaches in creating business solutions, expert in one or more technical domains applying commercial acumen in delivery approach
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.