ERISA Compliance Officer - Director
ERISA Compliance Officer - Director
Job ID: 3153638
Location: New York, United States of America
DWS Group GmbH & Co. KGaA (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 700bn of assets under management (as of 31 Dec 2017). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team.
Job Title: ERISA Compliance Officer
Corporate Title: Director
Location: New York
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Deutsche Asset Management is seeking a compliance professional to be responsible for leading the ERISA Compliance program for its global asset management business. This individual will be responsible for overseeing and implementing appropriate controls relating to the activities conducted by various Investment Advisory entities within the global Asset Management division. The candidate must be a legal professional with extensive experience with, and knowledge of, the regulation of financial services and products, including under ERISA and the Code.
The role of the ERISA Compliance Director will report to the Global Head of Asset Management Compliance and to the Regional Heads of Asset Management Compliance & Legal in the Americas.
Role and Responsibilities
The ERISA Compliance Director is a business line advisory compliance role, supporting the global Asset Management business activities to comply with all relevant fiduciary provisions under Part 4 of Title I of ERISA and the regulations thereunder, including prohibited transaction rules, exemptions and related firm policies and procedures.
- Provide advice and guidance to the senior management of Deutsche Bank Americas Asset Management Division relating to ERISA Compliance matters and provide training on ERISA matters to relevant Asset Management staff;
- Develop and maintain a robust compliance framework in conjunction with the Compliance Management team regionally in the US and globally across the organization as it relates to ERISA and other retirement plan activity;
- Review and analyze relevant regulatory notices; liaise and advise front line businesses to ensure compliance with regulatory developments; review and update relevant policies and procedures, where required;
- Oversee and participate in the annual Compliance Risk Assessment process, providing quality assurance sign off for ERISA and other retirement plan related activities;
- Coordinate with regulators and internal and external auditors as it relates to ERISA Compliance matters and prepare necessary reports and presentations in connection therewith
- Must have an undergraduate and J.D degrees, plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant ERISA plan investment management related legal experience (compliance experience is a plus);
- Ability to work effectively with senior business management and staff within a matrixes organization and engage and provide pro-active advice;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Part 4 of Title I of ERISA and. the Investment Advisers Act and the relevant rules and regulations under these Acts..
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented and possess excellent written and oral communication skills
You will possess the following attributes:
- Self-motivation and initiative taking
- Ability to build understanding and trust
- Strong teamwork, communication (both written & oral), presentation and influencing skills
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Leadership skills
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top