Engineer-Assistant Vice President
Engineer-Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3173225
Location: Jacksonville, United States of America
Job Title: Engineer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
The Senior ITSM Engineer will have the opportunity to design, engineer, manage and support key components of the ITSM infrastructure platforms used across all of Deutsche Bank. Deutsche Bank is consolidating and updating legacy installations of ITSM products (including ServiceNow 2010 and BMC Remedy) and moving to a brand new consolidated state of the art ServiceNow implementation. This is an exciting opportunity be involved in engineering of one of the largest ServiceNow implementation in the world in an environment with 100,000+ employees. The all new ServiceNow platform will encompass Knowledge Management, Global Change Management (GCM) as well as Incident & Problem Management, and Service Requests, etc.
If you are a smart, self-motivated individual who is keen to make a difference, we would love to speak to you. We like people with a genuine interest in development and the application of technology in the real world. Clear & concise communication is a must-have to communicate to a global client base, also a focus on continuous improvement and strategic delivery. We like to work in a collaborative environment so you must have an open, analytical mind and a desire to share your knowledge.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Oversees development and execution of objectives, plans and policies and is accountable for continuous efforts to improve Deutsche Bank's competitive Position and its performance
- Ensures financial success by controlling budget planning and management as well as the P&L
- Maintains internal and external key business relationships
- Ensures the alignment to the Deutsche Bank risk management framework as well as to current regulatory and compliance requirements
- Guide the evolution of the standard ITSM toolset used across the Bank
- Engineer, configure and support tools and platforms to automate incident, problem, change and configuration management processes
- Automate and simplify various ITIL processes
- Participation in requirement review meetings
- Perform impact analysis of changes to components
- Perform estimations for functional stories as well as service requests
- Participate in testing efforts (Unit, System, and Performance)
- Perform Level 3 support activities (troubleshooting, root cause analysis, investigation and resolution of incidents and support requests)
- Writing technical documentation, including design documentation, training materials, and white papers
- Liaising with architects, developers and infrastructure managers to ensure the platform meets all functional and non-functional requirements
- Ensuring quality IT delivery through the application of standards and technology design principles
- Identifying and assessing risks, determining impact to platform and mitigation plans
- Supports the development of an environment where people management and development is the number one priority. Coaches direct reports and others in the organization, as appropriate
- Actively supports the business strategy, plans and values, contributing to the achievement of a high performance culture
- Takes ownership for own career management, seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and improved performance contribution
- Acts as a role model for new employees, providing help and support to facilitate early integration and assimilation of their new environment
- Supports tough people decisions to ensure people performance is aligned with organization imperatives and needs. Addresses individual performance issues, where necessary, to drive for high performance
- Risk and Regulatory
- Strong engineering hands-on experience of ServiceNow
- Understanding of IT Service Management (e.g. ITIL framework)
- Experience with relational database management systems and SQL
- Experience with Web Services
- Experience in running services and providing L3 support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Pentaho is a plus
- Experience with Weblogic is a plus
- Business Objects skills is a plus
- ITIL Certification is a plus
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science
- Additional degrees and certifications can supplement but not substitute for Baccalaureate level study of Computer Science from an accredited college or university
- ITIL Certification is a plus
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top