Job Title: DWS - Alternatives Senior Risk Analyst
Location: New York, NY
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 793bn of assets under management (as of December 2020). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team.
As an analyst in Investment Risk you will focus on the assessment, control and governance of investment risks taken within illiquid alternative funds and separately managed accounts, with a focus on real estate and private debt investments. In your role you will oversee market, counterparty, credit, and liquidity risks. You will be instrumental in advancing the risk management framework while supporting growth initiatives within a focus region for the Firm.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through DWS's specialized employee groups
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct ongoing risk & valuation analysis on a range of underlying assets within a set of portfolios for varying funds/mandates with focus on illiquid alternative products
- Design and development of appropriate risk analysis across the fiduciary platform and tailored analysis for individual business mandates, including stress testing, scenario analysis, and monitoring of investment risk, liquidity risk, counterparty risk, and ESG/sustainability
- Production and analysis of Risk Indicators and Reports for alternative investments. Contribute to the continuous enhancement of risk and valuation control toolset and management reporting, to improve identification and escalation of risks
- Periodic review and validation of models, policies and procedures used for the risk management of illiquid alternative assets
- Contribute to special projects/task forces/working groups relating to the Risk Framework or other identified risk issues
- Monitor key market events, track updates related to industry developments and trends, and assess potential impact on portfolios/investments. Keep abreast of changes in relevant local laws and regulations and assess their implications
Your Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree a plus. Relevant experience in the financial services industry, preferably in risk management or asset management
- Strong fundamental understanding of the asset management business with focus on illiquid alternative products
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills, with ability to explain complex financial concepts. Highly motivated professional with ability to multi-task, displaying innovative approach to problem solving
- Knowledge of key risk and valuation drivers for a variety of illiquid alternative asset classes (real estate and debt (senior, mezzanine, CLO's)
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ideally Aladdin. Technical knowledge of financial markets, products and processes as well as related valuation and risk models (e.g. DCF, Multiple Approach, VaR, stress testing)
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.