DevOps Engineer Python/Spark - Assistant Vice President
DevOps Engineer Python/Spark - Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3175790
Location: Cary, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Senior Python Developer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Cary, North Carolina
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Regulatory Technology aims to be an industry leading function that delivers sustainable regulatory compliance through technology automation and competitive operating leverage to create a safe and controlled operating environment that protects the Deutsche Bank franchise and its clients. This specific role is with Trade Surveillance where we are monitoring all trade activities looking for anomalous behavior using Big Data tools, including Python and Spark.
In order to do this, we must ensure that we remain an engineering focused organization. We are looking for technologists who demonstrate a passion to build the right thing in the right way.
You will work as part of a cross-functional agile delivery team, including analysts, developers and testers. You will bring an innovative approach to software development, focusing on using the latest technologies and practices, as part of a relentless focus on business value. You will be someone who sees engineering as team activity, with a predisposition to open code, open discussion and creating a supportive, collaborative environment. You will be ready to take a leading role in all stages of software delivery, from initial analysis right through to production support.
We will ask a lot of you, but we will offer a lot in return. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that provides continuous growth and learning, with an emphasis on excellence and mutual respect.
Position Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work as part of a DevOps team, collaborating with others to understand requirements, analyse and refine stories, design solutions, implement them, test them and support them in production
- Participates as an integral part of a DevOps team to plan, estimate, develop, build, test, and release multiplatform software products.
- Builds, expand, enhance, and maintain CI/CD/CT pipeline across Dev, QA, UAT, and Prod environments
- Use BDD techniques, collaborating closely with users, analysts, developers and other engineers. Make sure we are building the right thing.
- Write code and write it well. Be proud to call yourself a programmer. Use test driven development, write clean code and refactor constantly. Make sure we are building the thing right.
- Administers Team City - CI/CD pipelines, agents, access, integrations, etc. Administers repository solutions (GIT Source control, Docker repository). Integrates Continuous Deployment processes and Integrates Continuous Testing processes. Automates through scripting using PowerShell and other technologies.
- Knowledge & willingness to manually fix or deploy when automations fail and cannot be fixed in a timely manner.
- Monitors and reports on application up-time, performance and other metrics.
As an Assistant Vice President, you will be expected to lead others. For example in sharing knowledge, facilitating meetings and workshops, defining new designs and discovering new techniques. In some cases, it may also include elements of team leadership or line management.
You will need:
- Senior DevOps engineer / developer skills utilizing Python and Spark fundamentals - extensive understanding of PySpark and Pandas.
- Extensive experience of modern Python libraries e.g. numpy, scikit-learn, etc.
- Extensive experience with Flask server, Python Wheels, Anaconda distribution
- Good experience of creating and manipulating data on a Hadoop environment using HDFS, shell scripting, cron, oozie and control-m scheduling
- A background in designing and developing high-quality server side processing in Python. An understanding of how to ensure these applications are robust, with easy to navigate code, and reusable components.
- Practical experience using Hadoop echo system tools like Hive, Impala, Hue, Oozie, Yarn
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban or XP
- Practical experience of delivering good quality code within enterprise scale development
- Experience in other programing languages, specifically Java and Scala would be helpful
- Behavior Driven Development, particularly experience of how it can be used to define requirements in a collaborative manner, ensure that the team builds the right thing and create a system of living documentation
- Knowledge gained in Financial Services environments, for example products, instruments, trade lifecycles, regulation, risk, financial reporting or accounting
- Wide variety of educational backgrounds and qualifications. Qualifications in computer science, STEM subjects, other numerate disciplines, business and economics are beneficial for the role
- Must have relevant practical experience. This could have be gained in the workplace or in other contexts, such as contributing to open source software or working on personal projects
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Back to top