Developer/Automation Tester- Associate
Developer/Automation Tester- Associate
Job ID: 3180042
Location: New York, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Developer/Automation Tester
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: New York, NY
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
The Unified Party & Onboarding (UP&O) Program is a large, multi-year program tasked with delivering dbCAR and cRDS, the golden-source client reference data repository and global strategic workflow tool across the Global Markets (GM), Global Transaction Banking (GTB), Corp Finance, and Asset Wealth Management (AWM) business lines. This platform supports the full client and account lifecycle, including client onboarding and offboarding, client due diligence (including Know Your Client / Anti-Money Laundry), and account management.
We are looking for a Developer/Automation Tester for the Front to Back Strategic Workflow team within the UP&O program. The role requires a developer who can aid in the implementation of a new operational workflow to increase process automations, tighten controls, and drive organizational efficiency.
The Developer/Automation Tester will participate in the full agile application development life cycle including design, construction and testing of Java applications, Micro services, and reusable components to support overall project objectives, with a particular focus on fulfilling Quality Assurance (QA) and testing requirements. The Developer/Automation Tester will continually strive to leverage design patterns, unit testing/ automated test scripts, participate in code reviews and unit testing, and must be adaptable to different responsibilities, and have a passion for constantly improving the individual and team effectiveness.
The Front to Back Strategic Workflow will use Universal Work Queue (BPM Software) as a backbone to link multiple strategic application (dbCAR, SalesForce, MDM) micro services (Case Management, Outreach, DaRT) and vendor provided solutions to optimize KYC file reviews and new client adoptions.
- Development of key system components in partnership with technical architects and product owners, with a particular focus on fulfilling QA and testing requirements
- Participate in requirements discussions with peers, stakeholders, and architects to understand business requirements and support proposed IT solution
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and code software and testing solutions per design and standards
- Code reviews, unit test, and integrate coded modules
- Actively participate in defect triage meetings
- Support testing and remediate bugs
- Troubleshooting and resolving production issues through analysis of production logs and data
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management
- Previous relevant hands-on experience in technical delivery within the financial services industry
- Interest in business processes engineering and client on-boarding and due diligence workflows
- Experience integration of disparate systems, including, programming, debugging, data analysis, problem analysis, and issue resolution
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment and learn new concepts / software technologies as needs arise
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; detail-oriented
- Commitment to produce high quality work in a timely manner and drive projects to completion
- Strong collaborative attitude and ability to work in geographically dispersed or virtual teams
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously, committing and prioritizing work duties and tasks, and providing regular and clear updates on progress, risks, and issues
- Strong Core Java and Fundamentals (Java 8)
- Micro services/APIs and/or Web Services using Swagger, JSON, XML, SOAPUI
- Proven experience delivering solutions with asynchronous communications
- Proven experience integrating applications across technologies
- Frameworks Experience: Spring Frameworks (Boot, Rest, Security, Batch, JMS, JPA), Angular 6
- Database Experience with Oracle 11g or 12c; TOAD, SQL development
- Cloud Environment Experience
- Test Driven Development experience and Test Management Tools (Jira)
Education | Certification (Recommended):
- Undergraduate Degree from an accredited college or university (or equivalent diploma / work experience) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or some other related field of study
- Java Certification a plus
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Back to top