Job Title: Data Engineer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, NY
As a data engineer, you will be a hands-on individual contributor, co-responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and operation of all planned data engineering initiatives and activities in the strategic treasury modelling analytics (TMA) function across the entire SDLC lifecycle. TMA is one of Deutsche Bank's key strategic model development and execution platforms, currently comprised of three critical components: an R code library that caters to both modeling and analytical requirements, an Oracle database (in order of terabytes of data), and an R-Shiny/Python based reporting layer. All development, testing, and deployment processes across all model development and implementation work streams (R, R-Shiny, Oracle, Python) adhere to Deutsche Bank's standardized Agile/DevOps SDLC governance requirements.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Return to Office:
At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- It is the Bank's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the New York office in accordance with the Bank's hybrid working model
- Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion
Your Key Responsibilities:
- You will be part of a new TMA data team, with extensive experience in the programming, deployment, and operation of TMA's new data services layer (DSL)
- Implementation, maintenance, and production support activities regarding our DSL, support all data driven TMA modeling execution activities across all three DEV/UAT/PROD environments
- Co-design, implement, and deploy a new API services layer supporting upstream/downstream data pipelines and data production workflows on top of the DSL
- Provide day-to-day monitoring and production support activities of all to be established data engineering platforms and services, including the DSL, APIs, and related SLAs
- Liaise, collaborate, and coordinate with all required technology infrastructure teams (Oracle DBAs, system administrators, SDLC governance, disaster recovery/operational resilience) to properly implement required activities to ensure an optimal, high-throughput, and flexible data engineering services infrastructure supporting TMA's objectives
Your Skills and Experience:
- Previous relevant experience in the programming and implementation of data engineering solutions supporting analytical finance models, including the storage, processing and distribution of large financial data sets and market data in a mixed OS and language environment (SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Python, R, Java, C++)
- Participation in data engineering initiatives in a capital markets or financial services industry, especially in building data services layers (DSLs) exposed via APIs using open-source software (Python, Apache Spark, Flink) employing CI/CD DevOps approaches, supported by Jira and Git/Bitbucket Agile project and version control standards
- Hands on experience and good proficiency in all key data processing tools - ETL engines, programming languages, batch and stream processing engines, distributed storage systems, runtime environments (e.g., JVMs, R, and Python engines, micro and web services) - used in modern day data engineering initiatives and data team practices
- Development experience in CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) environments using JIRA, Bitbucket/Git, TeamCity on top of legacy SDLC practices, including integrating automated code review tools, or authoring of such tools, if needed
- Experienced in production support - procedures, incident management, information security (including data security), integrity of all dependent environments - required for minimizing or eliminating the risks of operating the environment in production
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.