Data Analyst/Data Scientist
- New York, NY
Job Title: Data Analyst/Data Scientist
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, New York
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany’s leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients’ real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Our technology teams are responsible for the Bank’s entire information technology (“IT”) infrastructure, and the development, implementation, and protection of the software required to support all of the Bank’s businesses. We move over EUR 1.6 trillion across the Bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks, and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help Deutsche Bank deliver high quality products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run - but we also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and you’ll constantly be looking ahead. We’ll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
This is a search to hire a Data Analyst/Data Scientist for Prop Trading Controls within Markets Regulatory IT.
- Work with Equity and Debt IT developers and analysts to understand the trade booking and risk models of each system feeding into Prop Trading Controls/Volcker
- Work closely with both regulatory delivery leads and PMs to ensure a robust prop trading controls framework is implemented
- Lead discovery, source system analysis, data profiling and quality analysis for upcoming initiatives
- Develop data science models to detect data quality issues or identify data patterns that can translate into business rules
- Provide solution guidance to the existing regulatory initiatives and all technical debt remediation
- Assist onshore and offshore personnel with problem resolution with a focus on determining root cause
- Engage with senior business & infrastructure stakeholders and multiple technical teams to define and deliver complex client banking solutions
- Recommend road-maps and implementation plans
- Foster teamwork, communication, collaboration while managing competing priorities
- Support multiple Business Initiatives and ensure compliance with enterprise standards and future needs
- Communicates awareness and understanding of data information needs, objectives, and direction to appropriate stakeholders and users throughout the company
Skills and Qualifications:
- Analytical experience
- Risk and trade life cyclcle knowledge (MUST)
- Experience with SDLC methodologies like Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, etc
- Strong Sql skills to perform data profiling (MUST)
- Experience in data analytics/data science
- Experience in software tools and automation of development pipeline activities
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and tight deadline
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates, and team member
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
- Ability to influence senior executive stakeholders to take action / facilitate buy-in of recommendations
- Ability to work with a team of SMEs to assess needs, understand requirements, and syndicate solutions
- Act as a trusted advisor to peers and Senior Management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with clients, senior executives, team members and peers Experience in financial services industry preferred
Back to top