Cyber Security Legal Counsel (Intellectual Property) - Vice President
- New York, NY
Job Title: Cyber Security Legal Counsel (Intellectual Property)
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: New York, NY
You will provide legal guidance and counsel to managers and teams within the business on a wide range of legal topics. You rely on both generalist legal knowledge and specialist knowledge of specific functional and product-related activities, to support areas such as contract law, documentation, mergers, acquisitions, corporate, insolvency, real estate, employment, intellectual property, litigation, policy and regulatory topics. You will typically provide coverage for one or more specific teams within a Division / Location and have responsibility for advising in their functional area(s) of expertise on current or future requirements. The role comprises legal advice, decision of legal questions, creation of legal documents and the communication of legal topics to the business as well as to other colleagues.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- On-site cafeteria, health center, and communal meeting areas
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
What You'll Do:
- Review, draft, negotiate and oversee a broad range of complex commercial transactions related to the outsourcing of technology and operations, as well as software licenses, electronic trading, maintenance and support; consulting/software development services; co-locations; hosting; SaaS; market data agreements and index licenses
- Review, draft and negotiate intellectual property related agreements including trademark and copyright licenses, speaker releases, sponsorships and publishing agreements
- Manage and resolve various intellectual property issues including settlements of claims and disputes
- Draft and negotiate intellectual property asset acquisitions and divestments
- Provide intellectual property (patent, trademark, copyright and general intellectual property/technology, including cybersecurity) legal advice to the firm's business lines and infrastructure transactions in connection with third party transactions, client transactions and internal policies and governance
Skills You'll Need:
- Strong client management and communication skills
- Ability to work with clients under strict deadlines
- Ability to oversee and manage outside counsel
- Strong command of intellectual property law and regulations impacting outsourcing
- Knowledge of and experience in the financial services industry
Skills That Will Help You Excel:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Qualified lawyer
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top