Cyber Security Auditor - Assistant Vice President
Cyber Security Auditor - Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3181463
Location: New York, United States of America
The Group Audit (GA) function has over 700 staff located in our four hub locations New York, London, Frankfurt, Singapore and 26 other countries.
The hallmarks of our professional, business focused, proactive risk-based work are transparency, integrity and independence. We assist the bank's businesses and infrastructure functions to identify control weaknesses.
Being Deutsche Bank's 'third line of defence' we have a high profile in the bank acting as an independent and forward looking challenger and adviser to Senior Management on issues and occurrences and are increasingly consulted for advice by the regulators.
Our global connectivity provides a stimulating environment and the opportunity to collaborate with knowledgeable colleagues and specialists around the world.
Job Title: Cyber Security Auditor
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, New York
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
In your role as Auditor Cyber Security you will participate in the planning, preparation, co-ordination and execution of audits, mainly in the area of Information Security and support IT infrastructure as well as IT application auditors with cyber security relates topics.
Position Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Participate in the planning, preparing, coordinating and executing audits to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of controls within the Information Security and Information Technology departments
- Support the implementation of the Group Audit risk-based methodology including; performing coverage of cyber and technology processes and the respective technology environment and supporting structured ongoing risk assessment via Continuous Audit Assessment
- Undertaking multiple audit assignments, drafting and consolidating audit work paper for review by Audit Management, facilitate issue tracking and validating the closure of audit findings
- Completing all work assignments on a timely basis, including ad hoc projects and special enquiries
- Serve as an SME for colleagues for Cyber issues and topics within Group Audit
- Work as a teammate on a global team, interacting with colleagues in Singapore, Frankfurt, London, and New York
- Pro-actively developing and maintaining professional working relationships with colleagues, the Business and respective support areas
- You will be expected to remain constantly aware of emerging and new cyber and technology trends and remain abreast of the general cyber environment
You will be self-starters, combining enthusiasm for the role with the ability to work in partnership with the other audit teams across the globe in delivering 'one face' to our clients and external stakeholders including regulators. It is expected that you will:
- Have some audit experience in the following topics: Information Security, IT infrastructure, IT production, IT operations, and Vendor Risk Assessments
- Be familiar with various Information Security Risk Frameworks; e.g. ISO 27k, NIST 800 series, CSC Top 20 Security Controls and be able to use these as guides to evaluate the state of controls within the Bank
- Have experience in supporting audits and security assessments, with particular focus on cyber security, information security, technology infrastructure, cloud technology, technology management
- Show experience in IT Audit, IT Risk Management, Information Security, and SOX Compliance
- Have a fundamental understanding of IT security control processes (e.g. security monitoring, vulnerability scanning or penetration testing), information security such as data leakage prevention controls and ISMS processes, and regulatory requirements in the Banking sector
- Have excellent written / verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in conflicts and at all management levels
- Be adaptable, pro-active, self-sufficient and innovative with strong organizational skills to take ownership and responsibility of agreed targets, meeting them within budget to enable a timely and efficient completion of audit projects
- Show the ability to multi-task assignments, prioritize workload with supervision and be resilient under pressure whilst delivering to deadlines
- Bachelor's degree level with a concentration in Computer Science (or equivalent qualification / work experience required), Master's degree preferred
- Have strong English language skills
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top