Credit Trader - Associate
Credit Trader - Associate
Job ID: 3181542
Location: New York, United States of America
DWS Group GmbH & Co. KGaA (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 700bn of assets under management (as of 31 Dec 2017). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team.
Job Title: Credit Trader
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: New York, NY
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
- You will work in Corporate Credit markets
- Deep understanding of Corporate Market is preferred; Knowledge of other Fixed Income markets would be of interest
- Executing trades on behalf of funds/accounts as per Portfolio Manager (PMs) instructions
- Understanding our investment strategy, our views and context of the trades
- Add value by being on top of the key positions of the funds/accounts and relevant market axes, liquidity opportunities and relevant news flow
- Harvest and filter best ideas from counterparties
- Provide information and manage the New Issue process within Credit markets
- Participate in and contribute to internal investment meetings as well as external strategy/analyst meetings
- Engaged in trade/market related dialogue with both PMs and counterparties
- Consistent production of market commentary and timely news-flow
- Execution of trades must be in accordance with our Best Execution Policy, Counterparty Guidelines, and documentation standards as well as other Policies and Procedures
Experience and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree with a preference towards a Bachelor's degree in finance-related field
- Prior experience in financial services
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes
- You must have a strong sense of Integrity and Fiduciary responsibility, be Client focused, and a strong Team Player
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment while maintaining good temperament and respectful manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Well-developed oral, and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize work, demonstrating flexibility when handling multiple tasks
- Ability to produce documents efficiently and error free
- Show good judgment in decision making
- Knowledge of Aladdin (OMS) would be of particular interest
Hear from our people and look inside our office DB@The Muse
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Back to top