Credit Risk Officer - Associate - Assistant Vice President
- Jacksonville, FL
Job Title: Credit Risk Officer
Corporate Title: Associate - Assistant Vice President
(ALL ROLES TO BE CONSIDERED)
Location: Jacksonville, FL
As a Credit Officer you will supporting the Credit Risk Management Funds team. We are engaged in ongoing management of Deutsche Bank's counter party credit risk to North America hedge fund clients. We cover a wide spectrum of strategies and broad range of products across Global Markets. You will be a key player in our regional team and gain exposure to various Hedge Fund counter parties, develop key relationships with the business, and collaborate closely with other risk teams. You will gain/enhance knowledge around credit risk management, client due diligence, how to manage internal and external stakeholders, and develop enough expertise to make critical credit decisions that impact our Bank.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- On-site gym, cafeteria, health center, and communal meeting areas
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
- An open seating environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Participation in credit due diligence meetings with hedge fund clients and preparation of annual credit reviews, written reports which outline areas including the background of the fund management company, investment strategy of underlying funds, risk and liquidity management, and performance; this written report will highlight the key risks and outline the credit officer's view of the group/funds
- Day-to-day transaction approval of flow trades, setting initial margin levels for trade requests received from sales teams across the Bank
- Ongoing management of risk and exposures to hedge fund clients, using the various credit risk management, and product monitoring systems within Deutsche Bank, including internal stress test information, exposure data, and performance/portfolio data received on a regular basis from hedge funds
- Work with the Bank's Collateral Management team, as required, in order to resolve any margin/collateral issues
- Keep up-to-date with market developments affecting the hedge fund sector, e.g. regulatory issues or weakness/stress in particular asset classes
Your Skills and Experience:
- Credit risk experience is a plus, but is not required if you have a strong drive an willingness to learn
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments, preferably with a general understanding of the hedge fund sector and a broad range of investment strategies
- A confident decision maker able to competently explain the reasoning behind credit decisions
- A self-starter, able to manage their own workload with minimal guidance from senior members of the team
- Articulate and at ease when interacting with internal and external clients
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top