Credit Risk Management CIB Auditor - Assistant Vice President
Credit Risk Management CIB Auditor - Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3172767
Location: New York, United States of America
The Group Audit (GA) function has over 700 staff located in our four hub locations New York, London, Frankfurt, Singapore and 26 other countries.
The hallmarks of our professional, business focused, proactive risk-based work are transparency, integrity and independence. We assist the bank's businesses and infrastructure functions to identify control weaknesses.
Being Deutsche Bank's 'third line of defence' we have a high profile in the bank acting as an independent and forward looking challenger and adviser to Senior Management on issues and occurrences and are increasingly consulted for advice by the regulators.
Our global connectivity provides a stimulating environment and the opportunity to collaborate with knowledgeable colleagues and specialists around the world.
Job Title: Credit Risk Management CIB Auditor
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, NY
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Key Objectives of Role
The Auditor CRM CIB will be responsible for the risk assessment, planning, execution and delivery of audits covering the CRM CIB area in collaboration with resources from other audit teams within the region and respective locations (case-by-case basis).
You will deal with CRM staff and senior contacts and will be expected to work in partnership with Group Audit colleagues globally to execute audits to fulfil coverage requirements and cover the highest areas of risk as directed by the Principal Audit Manager CRM CIB or other PAMs from time to time.
- An Auditor within the CRM CB&S and GTB will report into the Principal Audit Manager (PAM) CRM CIB in New York, who in turn reports into the Financial Risk Chief Auditor (CA). The CA has global responsibility.
- You will be required to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks involved in the relevant business areas in accordance with Group Audit Methodology and the established risk assessment framework
- You will contribute to Risk Assessment Profiles / Business Monitoring and overall implementation of Group Audit Methodology
- You will be required to lead and successfully deliver CRM audits, or participate in Integrated Business and CRM audits both locally and globally
- Plans audits e.g. documenting activity flows of the processes to be reviewed, identifies risks and the key actual controls in place to mitigate the identified risks and attends meetings with internal stakeholders as and when required
- You will be required to generate draft audit reports for review by senior Group Audit management and to facilitate issue tracking and validate closure of issues
- You will be required to complete all work assigned to them on a timely basis. This may also include ad hoc projects and special investigations
- You will be required to proactively develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business, and respective support areas
- You will work in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally
- You will understand the client's market place and respond to expectations and will continue to develop technical expertise relevant to the industry
- May lead a team on individual assignments
- We are seeking an audit professional who is able to operate at senior levels within the Bank
- You should be a self-starter, combining enthusiasm for the role with the ability to work in partnership with the other audit teams across the globe in delivering one face to our clients and stakeholders
- You will have significant, demonstrable experience of credit risk auditing in an investment banking context
- You should be conversant with risk based auditing and should clearly understand the relationship between credit risk and underlying business risk
- You should be flexible, pro-active, and self-sufficient with strong organizational skills to take ownership of agreed targets to enable efficient completion of audit projects
- You will be a natural role model and reference point for your peer group
- You will be able to demonstrate that you have an innovative mindset and can develop ideas, which are implemented and have a positive impact
- You will be able to multi-task assignments and prioritize your workload with limited supervision and be resilient under pressure and able to deliver to deadlines
- You should have excellent written/verbal communication skills and be able to communicate effectively at all levels within Group Audit and with the client
- You will have a detailed understanding of practical and theoretical aspects of credit risk management and operations, best supported by formal certifications or practical experience in these areas operations
- You will have an appreciation and understanding of industry trends and their potential impact on credit risk management and credit operations
- Accustomed to operating in a highly regulated environment
- Experience in building and managing effective relationships
- Strong communication skills, communicating with clarity, both orally and in writing, in a logical order and structured approach
- Significant audit experience in a major investment bank or Big 4 accounting firm with experience in credit risk audit is a pre-requisite
- A solid understanding of internal control risk assessment concepts and strong analytical skills are required
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top