Job Title: Commercial Real Estate Credit Risk Officer
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: New York, NY
As a Credit Officer on our Credit Risk Management (CRM) team, you will be joining Deutsche Banks's world-leading Commercial Real Estate lending platform and actively participating in credit approvals and portfolio management. You will analyze conduit and large Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS) loans as well as warehouse facilities. Together, we strive to ascertain Deutsche Bank's adherence to its credit policies and procedures, and you will be an integral part of the success of the Bank's risk management operations.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Return to Office:
At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- It is the Bank's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the New York office in accordance with the Bank's hybrid working model
- Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility for monitoring a portfolio of CRE exposures and watch list credits including data collection and annual reviews
- Process credit requests and exposures within Deutsche Bank's internal systems
- Liaise with off-site credit functions to enhance and improve the MIS utilized to manage Deutsche Bank's global Commercial Real Estate portfolio
- Assist senior credit officer in the credit review, approval and processing of commercial real estate loans. Specific tasks include participating in meetings and conference calls with originations, reviewing credit reports and term sheets, and presenting large loans to credit committees
- Perform property level due diligence including cash flow analysis, site inspections, and reviews of legal documents and third-party reports
- Review and write recommendations to obtain approval for new loans, annual reviews, loan amendments and collateral updates
Your Skills and Experience:
- This role requires a background in multifamily lending with preference for specific experience in affordable housing finance as well as prior experience in commercial real estate finance, credit risk, or loans
- Bachelor's degree (Master of Real Estate Finance degree preferred)
- Microsoft office proficient (Excel, Word, Power Point) and prior credit officer or loan experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to communicate with key stakeholders in the Bank
- High level of self-motivation, results-based approach work ethic, aptitude to work under pressure in a high-performance environment, and ability to meet key project and business delivery dates, often in a short timeframe while balancing a portfolio of ad hoc/ongoing activity
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.