Cloud Security Architect-Vice President
Cloud Security Architect-Vice President
Job ID: 3169829
Location: McLean, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Cloud Security Architect
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: McLean, VA
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
This position exists within the Security Architecture team of the CSO group of Deutsche Bank. The team is responsible for providing overall leadership across all of the security architectures across the Bank.
As an IT Security Architect, you will be responsible for secure design of various applications within the Bank using security design patterns that confirm to the Bank's security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines using a risk-based compliance approach. You as a member of the security architecture team, will facilitate in the understanding and shaping of the end-to-end security strategy, governance, and architecture across IT projects, architectures, and designs. You will provide key contribution into thoughts and ideas for protecting the overall enterprise security of the Bank.
- Facilitate the understanding and shaping of the end-to-end security strategy and architecture
- Enhance or articulate overarching security architecture governance across IT projects, architectures and designs
- Assist in the design decisions proposed by the various design authorities (e.g. project leads and / or project architects) to meet broader organizational security objectives
- Review security design decisions which need to be taken through the development of a target operating model; or as a result of on-going change initiatives
- Enforce compliance of the Bank security program's polices, standards, and procedures as relate to each project
- Evaluate and recommend security technologies and solutions
- Ensure alignment of security technologies used across the Bank
- Act as interface to the Enterprise Architects
- Research and stay up to date on emerging threats landscape and security controls
- Explore vendor or in house products to address security gaps
- Promote security awareness and educate people at all levels of the Bank
- Identify points of architectural risk in new projects using architectural threat risk assessment and threat modeling techniques
- Previous experience in the field of IT Security, Information Assurance, or IT Auditing
- Previous experience as a cloud security architect with knowledge of various Cloud Service Providers: Amazon WS, Microsoft (Azure), Google (Compute Platform), etc
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems required
- Experience with architecture frameworks such as SABSA, Zachman, or TOGAF
- Experience with information security governance in an enterprise setting
- Familiarity with cyber security architecture using trusted computing model
- Working knowledge of security services such as encryption, authentication, and intrusion detection and prevention architectures, Identity & Access Management, application security and network security
- Working knowledge of cloud security SaaS offerings, including Salesforce, Office 365, Workday, etc
- Familiarity with ISO 27001, 27002, and 27005; NIST 800-53, NIST 800-145, etc
- Working knowledge of IT management frameworks such as Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Security auditing to include knowledge of financial industry regulations: Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA), Payment Card Industry (PCI), and Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
- Experience in using threat modeling techniques such as Microsoft Threat Modeling Process (STRIDE/DREAD), Trike, AS/NZS 4360:2004, CVSS, OCTAVE
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems degree
- Previous years in the field of IT Security
- Prefer at least one of the following certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)
- Prefer certification in architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, SABSA, and/or Zachman
- Experience using SABSA or Zachman in the development of enterprise security architectures
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Back to top