Job Title: Big Data Software Engineer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Cary, NC
You will be joining the dbSleuth Team within Regulatory and Cross Product IT delivering trader and counterparty surveillance across all business sections of Deutsche Bank. We are an engineering focused organization, striving for the highest quality architecture, design and code across our teams. You will help to build our surveillance systems, working in a fast-paced, agile environment. Our workload for new deliveries is high, using, React for UI development, Python/Spark/Scala for services, Hadoop big data and data science for anomaly detection using machine learning and statistical risk models.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Conveniently located nature trails, accessible year-round
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Employ a range of techniques to analyze problems and evaluate multiple solutions against engineering, business & strategic criteria
- Identify and resolve barriers to business deliveries implementing solutions which iteratively deliver value
- Design solutions using common design patterns with a range of design tools & techniques
- Conduct peer reviews to ensure designs are fit for purpose, extensible & re-usable
- Design & build solutions which are secure & controlled
- Provide leadership within a delivery team modelling, coding, testing, and collaborating to understand requirements, create stories, design solutions, implement them and help test them
Your Skills and Experience:
- Analytical thinker and team player possessing strong communication skills who will enable experimentation and fast learning approaches to create business solutions
- Familiar in the use of solution design tools and understand key elements of security, risk, and control
- Working with very large datasets using big data technologies such as Spark, Impala and Hive and utilizing a good understanding of Hadoop functioning & infrastructure
- Utilizing data modelling tools, domain driven design and a strong knowledge of SQL and advanced data analysis to deliver good quality code within enterprise scale development (CI/CD)
- Experience with development utilising SDLC tools - Git, JIRA, Artifactory, Jenkins/TeamCity, OpenShift; possessing a track record in identifying and making improvements to the delivery process
For external candidates:Please note, we are unable to consider external candidates who require sponsorship for work visas for this position. Please continue to review the Deutsche Bank Careers website for other opportunities.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.