Backend Engineer - Corporate Bank Technology - Assistant Vice President
- New York, NY
Job Title: Backend Engineer - Corporate Bank Technology
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, NY
Liquidity Management IT is hiring bright backend Engineers to work on projects that are large-scale transformations of the application landscape, building modular architecture, delivering new products and services, and serving as foundation for new business/revenue models. You will join the Agile development team and be responsible for full life-cycle of development tasks, starting from specification and design to successful implementation and level-3 production support. Your main focus will be on delivery of reliable and high performance backend services and report to the team lead located in New York, and will work in close collaboration with the respective business departments and local and remote developers/analysts/project managers from partnering teams.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- On-site cafeteria, health center, and an environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Design and develop new functionality
- Work with the team on functional and nonfunctional requirements, technical analysis and design
- Coding and testing, reviewing other team member's changes
- Document business and functional requirements, design decisions, and API
- Co-working with QA team on test automation of new and existing functionality
- Contribute to the definition of the future state of the system architecture and when product and architecture experience gained, mentor and direct more junior developers
Your Skills and Experience:
- Extensive hands on knowledge of core Java/Kotlin and good knowledge of math and algorithms / complexity
- Experience designing and implementing high availability solutions and experience designing and implementing micro services
- Basic knowledge of SQL and Linux
- Hands on knowledge of Spring, Swagger / OpenAPI; Maven is a big plus and hands on knowledge of modern Web UI technologies is a plus
- Experience with modern SDLC tools - Git, JIRA, Artifactory, Jenkins/TeamCity, OpenShift - is a plus
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top