Automation Test Engineer - Assistant Vice President
Automation Test Engineer - Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3173056
Location: Cary, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Automation Test Engineer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Cary, NC
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Our people are outstanding individuals with agile minds, from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. They generate fresh ideas and innovative solutions which set us apart from our competitors and add value to our clients.
About Deutsche Bank Global Technology
Deutsche Bank Global Technology (DBGT), located near the Research Triangle Park (RTP) area of North Carolina, is a dedicated software development center that presents a startup feel within the larger Deutsche Bank organization.
Deutsche Bank Global Technology is a dedicated application development and software engineering center that supports the Bank to access leading technology skills and promote innovation in the development of software applications and leading-edge IT solutions. Deutsche Bank Global Technology has a number of groups developing leading-edge technology solutions.
About Research Business
Global approach With Deep Sector Penetration
Deutsche Bank Research offers global and in-depth industry knowledge that generates consistent outperformance through comprehensive multi asset-class products. The team deals with a range of functions from asset allocations to economic forecasting and cover all major global industry sectors.
Coverage of all Key Research Disciplines
Key research disciplines include Equities, Equity Derivatives, High Yield Credit, Macroeconomics, Market Strategy, Quantitative Credit Strategy, Relative Value, Capital Structure, Corporate Governance Securitization, Foreign Exchange and Commodities.
Deutsche Bank Research Offers:
- The expertise of 400+ analysts
- Covering 50+ countries
- 3000+ companies
- 300+ reports a day
Top Ranked Research Teams
- #1 European Economic research team since 2011
- #3 European Fixed Income research, second consecutive year (2018)
- Top 5 European Equity research (2018)
- Top 5 US Economic research team since 2010
- Top 5 rankings for Interest Rate Derivatives, Distressed and High Yield teams (2017)
- 14 Equity analysts ranked top 5, including #1 for Autos, #2 for Banks, Gaming and Insurance (2017)
- 30 country and industry teams ranked Top 5 in Asia Pac for the past three years by All-Asia Institutional Investor
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated, independent thinking individual to take a high profile role in a global team of technology specialists. The position advertised is within Research Technology.
The Automation Test Engineer will work on the Core platform responsible for contracting, billing and provisioning access to Research products and services. You will participate in the hands on test creation for automation primarily enabling BDD using Java and Cucumber framework.
The Engineer will be responsible for the building and maintain the Regression pack and the collation of metrics and KPI information for reporting purposes.
- Analyze requirements, write test cases and create test data
- Automate testing activities, analyze and record test results, record defects
- Collate and report on metric data
- Retest corrections to ensure problems are resolved
- Assist in analyzing, documenting and communicating results
- Provide test requirements and operational oversight to vendors
- Ensure adherence to testing best practices and Deutsche Bank testing standards
- Champion and participate in the activities of the broader QA and Testing community
- Align to the wider team / group objectives
- Previous relevant full-time hands-on automated testing experience
- Proven experience test automation, preferably using Java and Cucumber framework
- Technology knowledge
- Financial services experience in the Investment banking is preferred
- Understanding of test management and defect tracking tools
- Understanding of testing across the full Software Development lifecycle
- Customer and service orientation to support interaction with team resources and clients
- Performance and productivity oriented to drive toward quality testing outcomes and results
- Proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with team members
- Demonstrated ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university with a minor in Finance, Mathematics or Engineering
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top