Auditor - Assistant VIce President
Job Title: Auditor Corporate
Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany’s leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients’ real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
The Auditor for DWS Group - Control & Support Functions is responsible to participate in audits of the Control and Support Function of DWS Group including Finance, Risk, Compliance, AFC and HR.
- Participate in audit assignments on DWS Group’s Control & Support functions including Finance, Risk, Compliance, AFC and HR. Specific focus will be on the coverage of the requirements of the Enhanced Prudential Standards in the US in the context of the AM Intermediate Holding Company (Reg. YY- MUST HAVE).
- Identify and escalate exceptions during the audit fieldwork, prepares draft findings and communicate results to the audit lead or the Principal Audit Manager as well as to the business
- Communicate with the audit lead on the audit progress and escalates problems/delays
- Complete the assigned audit work in line with agreed budgets
- Support in the monitoring of risk profiles, regulatory requirements and industry developments and contribute to Risk Assessments and Continuous Monitoring for relevant areas
- Develop and maintain broad financial services experience and Bank knowledge. Keeps abreast of business/industry changes and their impact on the DWS Group
- Support in the tracking of audit findings and the finding validation closure process
- Participate in internal projects
- ACA,CPA, CIA or equivalent qualification and/or a Bachelor’s Degree
Successful candidates will be self-starters, combining enthusiasm for the role with the ability to work in an audit team as well as other audit teams across the globe in delivering one face to our clients.
It is expected that you will:
- Have excellent written/verbal communication skills and be able to communicate effectively. Composed and articulate when delivering difficult messages. Excellent command of English is required, further language skills are highly desirable
- Build contacts and relationships with clients and colleagues through effective teamwork and innovative thinking
- Be a multi-task manager who is resilient under pressure. Support audits independently with limited supervision
- Strong analytical, communication, and project management skills
- Ability to identify and evaluate risks within the control environment. Sound judgment on the impact of issues identified
- Accustomed to operating in a highly regulated environment, and have a good understanding of the regulatory framework in which DWS Group operates in
- Audit / Control function experience with major banks or asset management firms, with strong focus and understanding of Finance and Risk Management related processes, the underlying regulatory requirements – in particular the Enhanced Prudential Standards in the US – and the associated risks
- Understanding of internal control, risk assessment concepts, audit methodology, and strong analytical skills
Back to top