Job Title: Auditor
Location: Jacksonville, FL
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 745bn of assets under management (as of June 2019). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients.
Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach. DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Active engagement with the local community through DWS's specialized employee groups
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
Your Key Responsibilities:
- As an Assistant Vice President on the DWS Internal Audit team, you will partner with the global audit team to evaluate the control environment of the DWS business, understand the risks related to the Business, and identify deficiencies within internal controls
- You will partner with business stakeholders to stay abreast of changes to the control environment and the risk profile
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to Asset Management risks in accordance with audit methodology and the established risk assessment framework
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of core principles of Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Assist in conducting Asset Management risk assessment for the Americas region and contribute to risk assessment/business monitoring
- Lead audit assignments, draft audit report for review by audit management, conduct issue tracking, and validate closure of issues
Your Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- Professional certification (CPA, CIA, CAMS, CFE) is preferred
- Previous relevant experience within financial services in an Internal Audit role covering Asset Management products such as Alternatives, Equity, and Fixed Income
- The ability to multi-task assignments and prioritize workloads with minimal supervision
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility of agreed targets and deliver on your commitments within budget, in order to ensure timely and efficient completion of audit projects
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.